2 Hours

Bahrain, 23rd July 2019

As Emma wrapped up her workday, Lucas, her team manager, was practically bouncing off the walls when she walked into the office.

"Emma! I can't believe you landed that interview with Max Verstappen! How did you manage to charm him?" Lucas asked.

Emma flashed a smile, "You know, just a little bit of luck and some good conversation,"

Lucas didn't need to know that her so-called charm was mostly a result of a spur-of-the-moment kiss.

Once she finished her tasks, Emma headed back to her hotel, ready to prepare for the evening.

She rummaged through her suitcase, searching for something that felt just right. After a bit of deliberation, she settled on a stunning emerald green dress that hugged her curves perfectly and fell just above her knees.

Emma looked at herself in the mirror, running her fingers through her hair, which she'd styled into soft waves.

She sighed, taking one last look before grabbing her clutch and heading toward the door.

Just as she reached for the doorknob, she heard a knock. She opened the door, and there stood Max, looking effortlessly charming with a bouquet of flowers in hand.

He was dressed casually in a fitted black shirt and dark jeans, but somehow, he made it look like he was ready for a fashion runway.

"Hey perfect timing,"Max exclaimed, a wide grin spreading across his face as he took in her appearance. "You look amazing, I should have brought more flowers."

Emma raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. "Lets just get this over with."

Emma looked at the bouquet, a mix of vibrant colors that were undeniably beautiful. "You really didn't have to," she said, trying to sound nonchalant but feeling a flutter of warmth in her chest.

"Of course, I did. You're the one who agreed to have dinner with me," he replied, his voice dripping with playful charm. "I mean, how could I show up empty-handed? That would just be rude."

Rolling her eyes, Emma tried to keep her expression serious, "Well, let's get one thing straight: this is a work dinner, not a date."

"Sure, whatever you say, but I'm going to treat it like a date. You're too pretty to let it be anything else."

Emma felt the familiar mix of irritation and undeniable attraction wash over her. "You're impossible, you know that?"

"Yeah. But you like it," he winked, stepping aside to let her pass. "Shall we?"

As they walked side by side, Emma couldn't help but feel a little excited despite herself.

As Emma slid into the passenger seat of the sleek Aston Martin, "So, where exactly are you taking me?" she asked.

"Patience, love." he replied, giving her a wink.

As they drove, Emma realised they were going to the race track.

"I'm not sure how I feel about this. It almost feels illegal driving into a place that's usually packed with fans and chaos," she said, glancing out at the night sky.

"Oh, come on, Just think of it as a private tour. You can take all the pictures you want," Max said, "And don't forget, I'm the one driving. That counts for something, right?"

Emma rolled her eyes "I guess, but if we get caught, I'm blaming you. I don't need any more drama in my life right now."

As they arrived at the track, Emma felt a rush of familiarity mixed with frustration.