i believe

not always has it been this heavy on my shoulders; i was once innocent and i like to believe i still am. "stay soft, don't let the things that have happened to you change who you really are." i tell myself everyday, but it is so hard to remember that when their yelling obscenities at you, and all you want is to be numb, to be devoid of all feeling, and after their done screaming at you, after you know that they know you can't fight back, verbally and physically, they tell you they didn't mean it, and even when they don't say it you know they mean it- they have to, because who would you be without them? and the scary thing is that anybody could do this to you, a toxic partner, a toxic mentor, a toxic parent, a toxic friend. this world is full of terrible people, and everybody talks about how you need to surround yourself with good people people who won't hurt you but will help you thrive- although nobody has anything to say when you can't control your own life, when you're not even capable of surrounding yourself with any people. because there is always a kid in the corner, reading or drawing or writing, whatever hobby, but they can't socialize out of their own volition. their not capable. they need someone to help them. but who will when nobody knows?