49 | In the end, it's him and I

| Elliott |

One week later, I was sitting in a Café in town, not the same place where Ash and I had gotten kidnapped.

This Café was built by Damian Reed for me, he said it was an early wedding gift.

He built the place because he wanted me to feel safe and comfortable.

This Café was really secure with CCTV cameras everywhere and two bodyguards stationed at the entrance.

I took a sip of the strawberry milkshake, trying to hide the blush on my face at the thought of Damian Reed, the guy would do anything for me.

I was thinking about my mate when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

I picked up the phone because Sam Asher Callahan was calling me, my fucking best friend who was in a coma.

"Elliott..." I heard my best friend's voice over the phone.

"Ash! When did you wake up?" I asked since I had no idea my best friend was awake as he was currently in a hospital in New York.

It was the Alpha king's orders, since he wanted his mate to get the best treatment and care.

"I woke up a month ago..." He whispered in shame since he didn't tell me for a month, but he had his reasons.

"Are you okay? Is your wound healed?" I asked in a gentle voice, since I didn't want my best friend to feel ashamed.

It was my fault that he had almost died in the first place.

"Everything's fine. I didn't tell you since I needed to get my shit together, but my life is still a mess..." He groaned over the phone because he didn't get his shit together even after a month.

"Anyways, do you have any tea for me? Any juicy gossip? I'm dying over here of boredom since I'm locked in this hospital." He whined like a little bitch.

"Well... Mia Nash is alive." I blurted out, knowing he would love the gossip.

"HOLY SHIT!" He yelled over the phone, sounding excited, and I can Imagine him jumping around the bed.

"There's more... Mia Nash had slept with Damian's father. Willow isn't Damian's daughter, it's his sister." I muttered, and I think I heard my best friend passing out for a few moments.

"All this happened while I was in a coma? Why is life so unfair?! WHYYYYY!" He didn't stop whining, since he loved gossip.

"The town didn't know about it. They only found out last night when Damian made an official announcement..." I told him about the announcement my mate had made to the pack about Mia and Willow.

Honestly, I felt bad for Willow, she was just a baby who got very unlucky.

"And my babies are born, Kallias and Killian." I announce with a smile on my face, as my babies are with Damian at the pack house.

"That's it! I'm taking the first flight back to town!" I heard my best friend putting on his clothes and packing a suitcase over the phone.

"Wait-" I got cut off since he hung up the phone.

I sighed, putting the phone on the wooden coffee table. "Ash has really missed a lot..."

But I felt my eyes widening as I saw Mia walking on the sidewalk, or rather Damian's dad was pushing her wheelchair while she held their daughter in her arms.

They are walking in broad daylight after Damian's announcement? No wonder they are getting the stares from people.

It's weird that Mia doesn't do anything. I mean, take revenge against Damian and his family for murdering her entire family.