6

Hey everyone,

Just a quick heads-up: I decided to delete the previous chapter because I felt like there was too much drama happening back-to-back. For the next few chapters, I'm going to take it easy and focus on lighter drama. There will still be some brief moments of drama like stupid school drama, but nothing too intense. Hope you guys understand!

---

Billie

I hear muffled talking and feel a slight rub on my shoulder, but I stubbornly move forward, keeping my eyes shut tight. Suddenly, I tumble off the bed with a thud. 

"Dummy, I tried getting you up! Look at you falling," Diamond laughs, her voice filled with amusement. I roll my eyes, feeling a mix of embarrassment and grumpiness. 

"Please let me stay," I practically beg, sitting up and giving her my best puppy dog eyes.

"Nope, come on," she insists, her tone leaving no room for negotiation. I groan loudly in annoyance, dragging myself to my feet. "I already took a shower. Get in the shower, and I'll take out some baggy clothes for you," she says, her voice softening a bit. I nod reluctantly, shuffling towards the bathroom.

"Thanks, mother," I say sarcastically, sticking my tongue out at her. Diamond just chuckles and shakes her head. As I step into the warm shower, I can't help but feel a bit more awake and a little less grumpy.

After 25 minutes, Diamond is groaning for me to hurry up. "Come on, you're going to turn into a prune in there!" she shouts, her voice filled with playful impatience. I roll my eyes and finally step out of the shower, grabbing the warm, fluffy towel she left for me on the sink. The warmth of the towel feels comforting as I dry off.

I glance at the clothes she laid out for me—a pair of baggy sweatpants and a cotton hoodie. She's so thoughtful, always knowing exactly what I need. I smile to myself, grateful for her. Thank God the clothes are baggy; it's getting colder outside, so the hoodie is perfect.

After getting dressed, I brush out my hair and ruffle my hands through it to give it a bit of style. I walk out of the bathroom to find Diamond standing up from her bed, looking at me with a mix of amusement and impatience. "Finally!" she exclaims, throwing her hands up dramatically.

"Yeah, yeah," I mumble, slipping on some black slides since I forgot my shoes at my house. Diamond just shakes her head and laughs. "You ready now?" she asks, her tone softening. I nod, feeling a bit more awake and less grumpy, thanks to her little acts of mothering. 

10 minutes later

Having decided not to drive dragon today, diamond and I are walking out of her car. The hallways are almost empty when we walk into the double doors. There are only four students in the hall, I notice a girl struggling with her locker; she has short blonde hair.

 "Billie, I'm going to head to class," Diamond says. I nod at her and make my way over to the new girl.

"Hi, I'm Billie," I say, offering my hand with a smile. She takes it and smiles back, "I'm Zoe."

"Need a hand?" I ask. She nods and hands me her locker code. I quickly open it for her and chuckle, "These lockers can be such a bitch."

"What classes do you have?" I ask curiously. She pulls out her schedule and shares her classes with me.

"That's tight, we have three classes together," I say, nodding enthusiastically. Zoe giggles, and we start walking to first period together.

---