1

Hi guys, if you haven't known I did delete the past couple of stories I tried to write. I was focusing on other things and I'm deciding to just write a Billie fanfic instead. Enjoy!!

Billie

I wake up to the sound of my phone alarm blaring. Instead of giving in to the frustration and chucking my phone at the wall, I press stop and sit up slowly. My mom, Maggie, steps into my room, her voice firm yet caring as she tells me to get dressed for school, or she'll take my baby dragon away. Dragon, my car, is my pride and joy. I can't afford to lose her.

As I get up from bed, I feel a wave of exhaustion wash over me. School has been draining, not because of the workload, but because of the people. The betrayal from Liliana still stings. She was someone who knew my struggles, yet she chose to cheat on me. It's hard not to feel like I wasn't enough for her. These thoughts swirl in my mind as I make my way to the bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror, eyes heavy with fatigue. I grab my toothbrush and begin brushing my teeth, trying to shake off the lingering sadness. I run a brush through my hair, securing a bandana and topping it with a hat, letting a bit of the bandana peek out. I put on a button-up black shirt, black baggy jorts, and my chunky plain black Balenciaga's. As I slip my phone into my pocket and apply lotion and vanilla perfume, I can't help but feel a sense of emptiness. I'm just going through the motions, hoping that one day, things will start to feel normal again.

I walk down the stairs and see my brother Finneas lounging on the couch, glued to the TV. The familiar sounds of morning cartoons fill the room. My mom is in the kitchen, busy cooking breakfast. She looks up and asks, "Are you hungry, sweetheart?"

I force a smile and reply, "No, Mom, I'll eat at school." It's a lie, but I can't bring myself to eat lately.

She looks concerned but nods. "Okay, just make sure you eat something."

I nod and turn to Finneas. "Bye, Finn. See you later."

He barely glances up from the TV. "Bye."

I head out the door and get into my car, Dragon. I don't even bother turning on the music. The drive to school is only five minutes, and the silence feels more fitting for my mood. I just need to get through another day.

I pull into the school parking lot and find a spot near the entrance. As I step out of the car, the cool morning air hits me, waking me up a bit. I grab my backpack and head towards the school building, noticing the usual crowd of students milling around, chatting, and laughing. Great, another day of pretending to care about what everyone's talking about.

Walking through the front doors, I see a few familiar faces. I give a small wave to a couple of friends, trying to muster some enthusiasm. The hallways are bustling with activity, lockers slamming shut and groups of students huddled together, discussing last night's homework or weekend plans. Ugh, I wish I could just teleport to the weekend.

I make my way to my locker, quickly grabbing the books I need for my first class. As I close the locker door, I take a deep breath, preparing myself for the day ahead. School might not be the most exciting place, but at least it's a distraction from everything else. I just hope I can get through today without feeling like a total mess.

I step into biology class, and Ms. Green greets me with a warm smile. "Good morning," she says.