5

Diamond

--

I wake up to the gentle vibration of my phone beneath me. As I slowly open my eyes, I notice Billie fast asleep beside me. During the night, her head had drifted towards my shoulder, and now she lies partially on top of me, her head resting softly on my chest. The warmth of her presence feels comforting in the early morning light.

She's so cute

With careful movements to avoid waking her, I reach for my phone and see a message from my mom. "Hey hon, your dad and I sent you some more money. We might be out for a couple more weeks. Love u." I let out a soft sigh and heart her message, replying, "Thanks, love u too."

Lying there, I reflect on the quietness of the house. I'm usually used to it being empty, and while I often enjoy the solitude, there are moments when I wish for the company of my parents. The balance between cherishing alone time and longing for their presence is a delicate one, and today, with Billie nestled close, I feel a mix of both.

I look at Billie and feel an overwhelming sadness for her. She doesn't deserve what's happening to her. We've only known each other for a few days, but it feels like we've been friends for years.

As she sleeps, I can't help but notice the little details that make her so unique. Her slight freckles dot her cheeks like delicate constellations, and her lips are parted the slightest way, giving her an innocent and serene expression. Her light eyelashes rest gently on her skin, fluttering ever so slightly with each breath. Her silver hair is spread all around my chest, creating a soft, shimmering halo that feels like a protective blanket.

Seeing her like this makes my heart ache. I want to protect her from all the pain and hardships she's facing. The warmth of her presence, the way she fits so perfectly beside me, makes it hard to believe we've only known each other for such a short time. It's amazing how quickly we've connected, but sometimes you just know when someone is meant to be in your life.

How can a girl be so perfect? She's beyond beauty. 

I scroll on Instagram for a while, letting Billie sleep peacefully beside me. The soft glow of my phone screen is the only light in the room, and everything feels serene. Suddenly, Billie starts moving too much, and her hand flops onto my face, completely blocking my vision of my phone. I groan, "Billie!" and can't help but laugh at the situation.

She sucks her teeth and mumbles, "Stop being a baby," while snuggling closer, her face now buried in my neck. She shifts her weight, and before I know it, she's fully on top of me. I can tell she's fallen back asleep, her breathing deep and steady. Great. Now her arms are wrapped around my waist so tightly that there's no way I can move without waking her up.

I sigh, realizing I'll just have to wait until her ass decides to wake up. Rolling my eyes, I go back to scrolling on my phone, resigned to my fate. But despite the inconvenience, I can't help but smile at how adorable she looks, all tangled up with me.

--

It's been about 30 minutes, and Billie is still sleeping peacefully. I really want to cheer her up, so I've decided to get a dog. You might be thinking, "Diamond, why would you just get a dog?" Well, Billie keeps obsessing over these adorable dogs on Instagram, and I know getting her one would make her so happy.

I gently rub Billie's arm, and she hums lightly in response. Her eyes slowly flutter open, and she turns her head to look at me. "Finally," I say dramatically, with a big smile on my face. 

She smirks and lays her head on my collarbone, staring up at me with those beautiful eyes. "You're comfortable," she says softly.

I chuckle and run my fingers through her hair. "I'm going to get some food for us," I say. "If you want, you can stay here and watch something, or you can come with me." Deep down, I hope she'll choose to stay because I have a little surprise planned.