Tne Deal with the Devil

Chapter 1

Emily's fingers trembled as she hovered over her sister's pale, fragile hand. The beeping of machines in the sterile hospital room was the only reminder that life still clung to her sister, barely. Every doctor had given the same verdict—there was nothing left to do but wait. But Emily wasn't ready to let her sister go.

As she sat there, her mind raced with desperate thoughts. If science couldn't save her sister, maybe something else could. That's when the idea came, like a whisper in the back of her mind. The stories she'd heard as a child, about deals made in the dead of night, with forces far beyond this world.

Emily knew it was foolish, but what choice did she have? That night, she stood in front of her bedroom mirror, her reflection bathed in the dim glow of a single candle. She whispered the words she had read in an old, crumbling book, words no sane person would speak aloud.

"I call upon the one who can grant me what I need..."

At first, nothing happened. The silence stretched on, thick with doubt and fear. Emily let out a shaky breath, ready to give up.

Then the candle flickered. The air grew colder, heavy, as if the very atmosphere had shifted. A voice, smooth and dark as velvet, broke the stillness.

"You summoned me."

Emily spun around, and her heart leapt into her throat. A man stood in the shadowed corner of her room, tall and impossibly handsome, with an aura of power that made the air hum. His eyes gleamed crimson in the dim light, and a faint, devilish smile played on his lips.

"Who... who are you?" she stammered, her breath catching.

He stepped forward, his presence overwhelming. "I am Lucien," he said, his voice like a low growl. "The King of Hell."

Emily's heart pounded. She knew she should be terrified, but there was something about him—something magnetic and dangerous—that made her want to listen.

"You called for help," Lucien continued, his gaze locking onto hers. "I can save your sister. But everything has a price."

Her stomach twisted. This was what she had feared. "What... what do you want?"

Lucien's smile widened. "You."

The word echoed in the room, hanging in the air like a weight. Emily froze, her mind reeling. "Me?" she whispered.

He nodded, taking another step closer, his eyes never leaving hers. "Marry me, and your sister lives. It's a simple bargain, really. You'll be queen of my realm, by my side for eternity."

Emily felt like she couldn't breathe. This wasn't a fairy tale—it was a nightmare. Yet, as she looked into his eyes, the pull of his offer became undeniable. Her sister's life hung in the balance, and she would give anything to save her.

She swallowed hard. "If I agree, you'll save her?"

Lucien inclined his head slightly, his gaze intense. "Yes. But once you say yes, there's no turning back. You will belong to me."

The words sent a shiver down her spine. Could she do this? Could she marry the King of Hell himself?

Emily took a deep breath, steeling herself. There was no other way. "I accept."

In an instant, the room grew dark, the candle extinguishing itself as if in response. Lucien's hand reached out, and as their fingers touched, a searing heat shot through her body. The deal was sealed.