Because You're You

Yuyan's POV

I was back at their hideout, in his room, well I thought it was his room because it smelled like him.

I was also in different clothes, a white kimono on top of a black shirt that was tied at my waist with a midnight blue bow, black pants with stirrups and sandals (like Sasuke's shoes). I also felt that there were bandages in my arms and waist probably from the wounds I had previously received from Pein.

...Pein? Battle with Pein?

"Johann?!" I quickly ran out of the room to the lower level, "where is he?!"

Anri, Makoto, and Hide were the only ones in the lounging room. From the looks on their faces...

..you can already guess what had happened.

"No," I sighed, "it couldn't be, not Johann right? Where's Yukute?! Akito?! Where are they now?!" Anri's eyes watered, it looked as though she had been trying not to cry, but the tears just overflowed. Makoto sobbed into Hide's chest, and Hide himself had tears rolling down his face but didn't say a word.

The ambient sent chills through my body, the news was something I didn't know what to make of. It was a moment when you just go completely blank in shock, rethinking every moment I spent with him, every word I spoke to him, the first date, my birthday, the festival, the night we spent together, his encouraging words, his bright smile, his beautiful eyes, his...his...everything.

"They want to talk to you, they're up on the roof," Hide blankly stated.

I was scared to go upstairs, and in the current state of shock, I felt like I couldn't even move. But then again, they possibly felt a lot worse than I did.

My legs were shaking, but I managed to get out from the lounge room and up the flight of stairs onto the small flight of stairs that would take me to the roof. As I reached the doorknob, I knew my hands were shaking, my whole body was actually and I didn't want to go outside.

"You can come out!" I heard Yukute shout, he could most likely sense me. I shook when my hand was on the doorknob, but I managed to quietly get it open. When I stepped out, the two were facing the village from the tall building. They looked somewhat majestic with their hair blowing and what not. Even more so Yukute who was now wearing the symbolic leaders cape that belonged to Johann.

My eyes began to swell up with tears, but I stayed quiet as we stood there with nothing but the sound of the wind. I didn't know what to say, it had been my fault that he died, he wanted to protect me and he knew he was going to lose yet he went back.

"I-I'm-" I began to apologize before I was cut off.

"He's not dead," Yukute interrupted.

"I don't think you wanna put it like that man, you'll only get her hopes up," Akito scolded.

They sighed and turned to me then sat on the floor, motioning me to also sit with them. "You should know that this isn't your fault Yuyan, from the very beginning Johann predicted this. He said from the moment he met you he knew it was dangerous," Yukute started.

"You see our capt- umm...Johann had this really unique ability and I don't know exactly how to describe it, but if I were to say, it would be something like telling the future," Akito scratched his head.