"LOVE US MICKY "

Chapter 6 crossroads (continues. )

Micky's fingers danced on the guitar strings, but his mind wandered. Kiara sat beside him, her hand on his knee, a gentle reminder of their connection. Yet, Emily's smile lingered in his thoughts.

"Hey, you okay?" Kiara asked, noticing his distraction.

"Yeah, just tired," Micky replied, forcing a smile.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, Micky excused himself to grab a drink from the kitchen. Emily stood by the window, lost in thought.

"Hey," Micky said softly.

Emily turned, her eyes sparkling. "Hey."

They stood there, the air thick with unspoken words.

"Micky, can I ask you something?" Emily said, breaking the silence.

"Anything," Micky replied.

"What's holding you back?" Emily asked.

Micky's heart skipped a beat. "What do you mean?"

Emily's gaze locked onto his. "From following your heart."

Micky's eyes drifted to Kiara, then back to Emily. "I...I don't know."

Emily's expression softened. "You do know, Micky. You're just scared."

Micky's defenses rose, but Emily's words struck a chord. "I should go," Micky said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Emily nodded. "Yeah, maybe you should."

As Micky returned to Kiara's side, his mind reeled.

Was Emily right? Was he scared of following his heart?

The night wore on, Micky's emotions in turmoil.

Micky's mind raced as he sat beside Kiara, his thoughts consumed by Emily's words. Scared of following his heart? Was that true?

Kiara's hand found his, a comforting gesture. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Micky hesitated, unsure how to explain. "Just thinking about music," he lied.

Kiara's eyes narrowed. "Micky, I know you. Something's bothering you."

Micky sighed, feeling guilty for deceiving her. "It's just...I don't know if I'm doing the right thing."

Kiara's expression softened. "What do you mean?"

Micky's gaze drifted to Emily, who chatted with friends across the room. "Us. Me and you. If it's what I truly want."

Kiara's grip on his hand tightened. "What are you saying?"

Micky's heart ached, torn between loyalty and desire. "I don't know, Kiara. I just need some space to think."

Kiara's face fell, but she nodded. "Okay, Micky. Take your space."

As the night wore on, Micky's inner turmoil intensified.

He excused himself, seeking fresh air. Outside, he collided with Emily.

Micky's eyes locked onto hers. "I think I've already regretted not saying something."

Emily's breath caught.

"(To be continued..)."