Say No To This

|| Erik Destler ||

I hadn't lost control in over a month, so the sensation of not having full, well, control of my emotions, wasn't exactly comforting, but what else was I supposed to do? MY Christine was being kissed.

Wait, was that why she had left? Had she left to...to cheat?

No...it could not be. I wouldn't allow it.

I punched the guy in the face one last time before standing up to face her.

"Erik, thank you so much. I cou-" She started, but I raised a finger to stop her.

"Mademoiselle Daae. Please get in the carriage," I said, my voice cold and emotionless. Vicomte had already gotten back into it, and I was grateful. 

"Erik, my name is Christine. You know that," she said, pulling on my shirt.

"Mademoiselle, please disentangle yourself from my shirt. Please refer to me as Mister Destler, or better yet, the Opera Ghost."

"Erik, please, no..." she whispered.

Erik's heart broke, but I was not Erik. No where close.

She wasn't an angel, either, just a brat who had wanted my money, or fame or whatever the heck she wanted from me. It didn't matter now, anyway.

She wasn't anywhere near who I thought she was.

Neither was I, for she saw me as, what, an angel of music?

"Erik, please, I-"

I heard the words but didn't respond.

"For the last time. My name is not Erik."

"ERIK! YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME!" she shouted.

"I. Am. Not. Erik. Now get in the carriage, before I lose my temper."

She did as I commanded, but I could see every emotion inside her brown eyes.

Anger, hurt, frustration, rejection, betrayal...

All emotions I was positive were shown in my own eyes.

"Erik..." I heard her whisper as she closed the door.

But she was wrong.

I was not Erik.

Erik was gone.

I was the Phantom of the Opera..