Point of No Return

|| Erik Destler ||

She wouldn't have dared.

Oh, hell to the no.

"Christine Daae," I yelled.

"Yes, Mister Destler?" she called from her bedroom.

"Would you please come here?" I yelled, infuriated that she had left dishes strewn about the kitchen. I turned around when she walked in.

"Yes, sir?" she asked.

I turned to look at her, holding a plate, but when I saw her, I dropped it and it smashed on the floor.

"What's wrong Monsieur? Surely you've seen a woman in a corset before, haven't you?" She batted her eyelashes and I searched for the willpower to get mad at her for...wait what was I mad at, again?

"Christine, please go get dressed," I said.

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"Not until you tell me where Erik went," she whispered.

"Erik died of a broken heart when he saw you leaving the house, kissing another man," I said, but I felt my heart tug.

"No..." She sounded dejected as her voice trailer off. Suddenly, a flame stirred inside her and she ignited.

"NO! HOW DARE YOU; YOU EVIL MAN. I SAVED YOUR DAMN LIFE. I HAD TO ESCAPE FROM THE HANDS OF A CONFUSED ALCOHOLIC TO FIND YOU AND TO SAVE YOUR STUPID ASS. AND THIS IS HOW IM REPAID? I DON'T EVEN GET TO TALK TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. OH, YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE LET ME GO!"

I had never heard Christine yell before and it was directed at me, which made it even worse.

"If you cared for me so much, why on Earth did you hang up a sheet to escape?" I asked.

"Oh, you IDIOT! It wasn't to escape. It was to cry because I almost lost you forever. I knew you would've thought it was your fault, because it was! How could I have been so stupid to believe you were an angel? You're just a hell spawn demon," she spat before running out of the lair into her dressing room.

I hated to admit it, but she was right. Erik would've died listening to that. Even the Opera Ghost's heart was breaking. I heard her sobs echo through the darkness, and the mirror slid open. I heard her hit the wood works and screaming,

"ERIK! ERIK PLEASE HELP ME!"

That idiot girl she thought Erik was still alive. Idiot gi-

"ERIK PLEASE THERE'S BLOOD! I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT!"

I sprinted upstairs.

Maybe Erik was still alive.

No.

He was alive.

I am alive,

But she may not be.