Caught Up In Feelings

The next day, Zoe made her way to the photoshoot, the morning light spilling through the bus windows as she prepared herself for a busy day. She was focused on gathering her makeup kit and going over her plans in her mind, excited to see the Seventeen members again. The energy in the air buzzed with anticipation, but as she walked into the studio, a nagging thought lingered in the back of her mind.

It wasn't until she spotted her boss that it clicked. "Zoe!" her boss called out, waving her over. "Scoups requested you specifically for his makeup today."

A rush of realization hit her, and she blinked in surprise. "Oh, right! I totally forgot I agreed to that!" She laughed, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness. The thought of working closely with Scoups sent a flutter through her stomach, a reminder of their conversation from the night before and the connection they had begun to explore.

"Hey, you made it!" he said, his voice bright with enthusiasm. "I was hoping you'd come."

"Wouldn't miss it," she replied, returning his smile as she set down her kit. The atmosphere felt charged, the familiarity of their friendship mixed with something new and exciting.

"Ready for me?" Scoups asked, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "I'm counting on you to make me look amazing for the fans."

"Of course!" Zoe replied, a playful grin forming on her lips. "Just sit still and let the magic happen."

As she started working, the closeness between them felt electric. With each brushstroke, she couldn't help but steal glances at him, the way his features came alive under her touch. It felt intimate in a way that both thrilled and terrified her, and she could sense Scoups' playful energy mixing with a hint of something deeper as well. His hair fell perfectly into place, framing his face, and the way his eyes sparkled with mischief made her heart race. She realized, in that moment, just how striking he actually was—his strong jawline, the subtle curve of his lips, and the way his expressions shifted, full of life and warmth.

Zoe felt a flutter in her chest, a rush of admiration that surprised her. She had always appreciated him as a friend, but now, under the soft lights of the studio, he appeared almost magnetic. The realization sent a wave of warmth through her, and she quickly focused on her brushes, trying to steady her thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Scoups asked, catching her lost expression in the mirror. There was a playful glint in his eye, but she could sense the genuine concern behind it.

"Yeah, just... distracted," she admitted, her cheeks flushing slightly. "You look really good today, that's all."

His smile widened, a mixture of pride and flirtation. "Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment. Just wait until I see the final look."

As Mingyu walked into the studio, he caught sight of Zoe bent over her makeup kit, her focus entirely on Scoups, who was sitting in front of the mirror. A flicker of curiosity crossed his face, and he approached them with a casual grin. She seemed completely engrossed in her work, her hands deftly arranging brushes and palettes. The soft glow of the studio lights highlighted her features, casting a warm halo around her as she focused on Scoups, who sat in front of the mirror, chatting animatedly.

"Hey, Zoe! What are you doing for makeup today?" he asked, attempting to keep his tone light. But as she turned to him, her bright smile lighting up her face, he felt a pang of something else—a mixture of admiration and jealousy.

Zoe turned, her smile brightening as she saw him. "Oh, hey, Mingyu! I'm actually doing Scoups today," she replied, her heart racing slightly at the way his expression shifted.

Mingyu's stomach dropped at her words. He had assumed she would be working on him since he was slightly late, and seeing her so engaged with Scoups stirred an unsettling feeling he couldn't ignore. "Oh really? So, you're too good for me now?" he teased, trying to hide the slight edge in his voice.