Chapter 4: The Unfolding Tale of Elysara

Faye tugged at my hand as we got closer to the dining hall. The noise of students chatting grew louder and louder, filling the air with excitement. The dining hall was alive with energy, I could already imagine the delicious breakfast waiting for us inside.

When we reached the door, we paused to look for a place to sit. Lexi waved to a table on the left side of the dining hall, but I couldn’t see it because of all the students crowding around. My heart raced; it was my first day at this new school, and everything felt exciting and a little overwhelming. The buzz of conversations and laughter felt like a welcoming chorus, but it also made me anxious.

“Let’s hurry before all the good seats are taken!” Faye said, her enthusiasm is really contagious. With a quick nod, we pushed through the crowd, weaving past students who were laughing and chatting, their faces glowing with energy.

The atmosphere felt electric, like I had stepped into a scene from a movie where everyone was part of a bigger story that I was just beginning to understand.

The noise in the dining hall suddenly stopped, and all eyes turned to us. I could feel the stares—some curious, and others are evidently judgmental.

I wasn’t sure if they were looking at me or the four of us together. I glanced around and noticed that most of the students wore light blue uniforms, which made me feel even more self-conscious.

The girls in their light blue uniforms wore a style similar to ours; the only difference was the color itself. Meanwhile, the boys, dressed in black slacks partnered with a pair of black shoes with what I think is a white polo shirt underneath their light blue coats that match the girls' uniforms, looked confident.

Their name tags were shiny silver, while ours were gold, making us stand out even more.

The four of us and the three guys at the table looked quite different. We seemed to be the only ones in unusual uniforms, which made me feel like all eyes were on us. I could feel my cheeks warming up as I tried to avoid their gazes, hoping to blend in.

When we reached the table, the three guys were also looking at me, their expressions a mix of curiosity and surprise.

Lexi was the first to sit down at the farthest chair near the window. The window was tightly shut because the entire dining hall was air-conditioned. A few plants on the windowsill added a touch of color to the room, making it feel a little more inviting.

A little sunlight filtered through the window, bringing a warmth that felt pleasant against the cool air inside. The sun cast soft shadows on the table, creating a cozy atmosphere that made me feel a bit more comfortable.

Faye sat next to her. As Faye was holding my hand, I was pulled to sit beside her, with Aubrey on my right side, who had a friendly smile when I glanced at her sideways that made me feel at ease. Her warm expression calmed my nerves a bit, and I felt grateful to have such girls by my side.

I gently placed my hands on the table, trying to gather my thoughts. Suddenly, I realized that my bracelet on my left wrist made a loud noise against the table, drawing everyone’s attention.

All six of them turned to look at me, surprised. I remembered the way Sir Traise had stared at my hand earlier while I held my card. Was he looking at this? What was special about it?

Their attention shifted when food was placed in front of us. It was the same as what the three guys were eating, but theirs was almost gone. I could see a delicious spread before me: fluffy pancakes, crispy bacon, and fresh fruits that looked ripe and inviting. The sight of the food made my mouth water.

I closed my eyes to pray silently for my food, feeling thankful for the meal before me. When I opened them, I found a pair of gray eyes staring at me. They belonged to the guy directly in front of me, who looked intrigued. It felt like he was trying to pull me in with his gaze, and I wondered what was going on.