Home

"Home like Pennsylvania?" Javi asked. "No," was all Sav replied, turning and walking back towards Tyler's group. Scott and Javi looked at each other.

"Tyler," Sav said quietly. "Can I ask kind of a big favor?"

"Of course, Harding," Tyler said.

"Can I borrow your van? I need to get out of here."

Tyler nodded in understanding. He knew about what Savannah had gone through from the news. It was a big story, Bill and Jo Harding losing their son to a tornado. "Yeah. That's alright with me. Boone?"

Boone nodded, putting a hand on Sav's shoulder. "Whatever you gotta do." He handed her the keys. Sav nodded at Lily and Ben before running off to the van.

"Aren't you going to stop her?" Scott asked as he and Javi watched. Javi shook his head. "I think she needs this."

Sav drove through the night, and by the time she arrived at her parents' house, the sky was beginning to lighten up as the sun prepared to rise over the horizon. She threw the van in park and walked up to the front door. She grabbed the spare key from under a potted plant, surprised it was still there after all these years.

She entered her home silently. She could hear the TV in the other room and knew her mom was probably up, always an early riser. As to not scare her, Sav gently called out. "Mom? I'm home."

Jo ran around the corner, into the foyer. "Sav," she said in disbelief, taking in her disheveled appearance. "What happened?" Sav just shook her head and went in for a hug, which Jo happily gave her. "Let me go get your dad. Bill!" Jo called as she ran up the stairs.

Bill thundered down the stairs a moment later, gathering Sav in a tight hug.

Her parents didn't ask what happened or why she was in Oklahoma. They knew why she was there, Javi had come asking about where to find her weeks earlier. And they had an idea of what had happened, but they didn't push it.

After fussing over her all morning, Jo and Bill finally left Sav alone to face her childhood bedroom. It was hard. The room was filled with memories, left completely untouched by her parents. She knew Seb's room remained untouched too, but hadn't built up the courage to enter it yet.

She took a shower, washing away the physical reminders of the tornado she'd just gone through.

She realized she didn't have any clothes, so she wrapped a towel around herself and made her way downstairs to ask her mom for some clothes to borrow.

"Hey, Mom-" she was abruptly cut off by the sight of Scott Miller in her living room, sitting and talking to her parents. They all stopped talking at the sound of her voice and Scott stood like he'd been caught doing something wrong.

Jo was looking at her daughter with a glimmer in her eye. "Sav, your friend here was worried about you." She smiled knowingly. Sav felt her face heat up. She stood there in her towel, dumbfounded. Scott had followed her?

"Do you need clothes, honey?" Jo asked when Sav just stood there dumbly. Sav nodded. "Come on, we'll get you some."

As Sav turned to follow her mother, Scott noted a long, jagged scar, starting at the back of her shoulder and disappearing down underneath her towel. Savannah disappeared upstairs.

Jo gave Sav a pair of her sweatpants and one of Bill's T-shirts. Sav was sitting on her bed in her room, playing with her wet hair, when she felt the presence of someone in her doorway. She turned to find Scott. "...Hey." He looked guilty.

"Hey," she replied quietly. "How'd you find me?" "Javi gave me the address," Scott admitted. "I was worried about you. How are you doing after..." He trailed off. Sav swallowed. "I don't know," she sighed. Scott entered her room, looking around. He approached the bed, tall enough to be able to see the top of her scar on the back of her exposed shoulder; her dad's shirt was large enough to hang off.