The Storm Approaches

The following months were a whirlwind. BTS's tour was in full swing, and Jungkook was busier than ever. Despite the distance, he continued to meet with Aurora whenever he was in Seoul, and their connection grew stronger with each session. But so did the complexity of their feelings for each other.

As Aurora continued to treat other idols, word about her practice began to spread in the entertainment industry. Seventeen's members came to see her, as did several solo artists and actors. She had become known as the go-to therapist for idols, and with that came its own set of challenges. Fans began to notice that their idols were visiting her office, and soon, rumors started swirling.

It didn't take long for the fan communities to pick up on the fact that Jungkook, in particular, was visiting her more frequently. The moment photos of him entering her building surfaced online, the hate began to pour in. Messages flooded her social media accounts, cruel words about her appearance, her race, and her relationship with Jungkook whether real or imagined filling her inbox.

"You don't deserve him."

"Why is he going to her?"

"Stay away from him, you ugly—"

The comments were relentless, and though Aurora tried to ignore them, it was impossible not to feel the sting of each hateful comment. She had dedicated her life to helping others, yet here she was, the target of cruelty from strangers who didn't know her or Jungkook personally. The anxiety crept in, threatening to consume her as she tried to navigate her professional life while shielding her heart from the venomous words of fans.

It wasn't long before she received a message from Jungkook that sent her heart racing: Can we meet? I need to talk.

Aurora sat in her office, the faint sound of rain tapping against the window, echoing her mood. She was nervous about their meeting. She knew Jungkook was struggling with the intense scrutiny he faced from fans and the pressure to maintain a certain image. As she waited for him to arrive, she rehearsed what she wanted to say, but the knot in her stomach wouldn't untangle.

When Jungkook finally walked in, he looked weary. His hair was slightly disheveled, and there were dark circles under his eyes that hadn't been there before. He closed the door behind him, taking a moment to gather himself before looking up at her.

"Hey," he said, his voice soft.

"Hey," she replied, trying to keep her tone light, though the concern in her eyes betrayed her. "What's on your mind?"

He hesitated, running a hand through his hair again, a nervous habit she had come to recognize. "It's the fans...they're saying things about you, about me. I hate that they're targeting you."

Aurora sighed, her heart aching for him. "Jungkook, you can't control what they say. I knew this might happen when I started working with idols."

"But it's not fair," he replied, frustration creeping into his voice. "You're so good at what you do. You care about us. You're helping me, helping us. I don't want them to hurt you."

"I appreciate that," she said gently, stepping closer. "But I can handle it. I promise."

He shook his head, his expression a mixture of anger and helplessness. "I wish I could make them understand. You're not just some random therapist; you're... you're amazing. You've helped me in ways I can't even explain."

"Jungkook—"

"No, just let me finish." He took a deep breath, visibly trying to compose himself. "I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I can't help it. I like you, Aurora. I really like you. And I don't care what anyone says."

Her heart raced at his confession, but she also felt the weight of the reality they were in. "Jungkook, this is complicated. We have a professional relationship. It's important to maintain those boundaries, especially with everything happening around us."

"I get that, but it feels so different with you. You're not like anyone else I've met. You see me, the real me, not just the idol," he pleaded, his eyes searching hers for understanding.

Aurora felt the heat rising in her cheeks. "You're my patient, and I need to keep our sessions professional. It's for your own well-being too."

"I don't want to lose you," he said, his voice softening, almost breaking. "You're the only one I can talk to about this. I feel like I'm losing myself out there."

Tears pricked at her eyes, and she reached out to squeeze his hand gently, a gesture of support that felt intimate and charged with emotion. "You won't lose yourself. I promise. But you have to trust that we can figure this out, together."

Their hands lingered together, the warmth of his skin against hers sending shivers down her spine. For a moment, the world outside faded away, leaving just the two of them in the safety of the small office.