Part 1

Quick Notes:

This is the first chapter of a few, I don't know how long this will be. But this is my first fic, I hope you enjoy!

also - everything that is written in italics is to show the characters having a telepathic conversation.

It had been a couple of months since graduation and Marcus was settling into his new life in the city. He had gone home briefly to attend a family matter, but as things are tense he didn't see it worth staying and potentially causing more issues. Tonight he finds himself at the Hellfire Club in New York.

He looks up at the doors, gaining the courage to enter, he heard through the grapevine that a good friend of his works here and well that's the only reason he's here. To find her. So he walks in, taking in the environment, he feels out of place, but that's no surprise. This place is filled with rich, entitled, unsavoury men, who think they're untouchable and well, Marcus is very much the opposite. He makes his way through the club and finds himself at the bar, he decides to order a drink. Nothing too extravagant, a simple old fashioned. Once he has his drink in hand he decides to take a wander around the main lounge, he can feel a few eyes on him as he makes his way through. He dismisses it for the fact he's young compared to some of the frequent flyers. After a few minutes he finds himself a table that was near the back corner, hoping to stay out of sight. If she is here he knows she'll sense him.

Meanwhile, Emma was in her room, preparing her persona for the day. Each small layer adds a little more to the mask until she can eventually bury any semblance of herself behind these walls of diamond. She's lifting another one of her make-up brushes when she pauses, sensing a familiar presence. That can't be right though, he went home, it was for the best. The last thing he needs is to get pulled into a place like this.

When she finally emerges from her room, she begins to do her usual wander. Giving her typical smile to some of the regulars, brushes the occasional hand over a jacket, till eventually she finds who she's looking for and drifts in his direction. She sits down across from him, crossing her legs and leaning back in her chair.

"Well, I don't believe I've seen you in here before." "What are you doing here, Marcus?"

He shifts his attention to the familiar woman in from of him, he can't help but smile. There's a sense of comfort that he gets from her, something he hasn't gotten the last few weeks.

"That is because I'm new to the neighbourhood." "Well i came to see you, cariño."

His outward response being more well spoken and articulate than normal. He leans back in his chair, feeling less tense than when he first walked in.

"Is that so? And how exactly do you find an establishment like this?" She can see Shaw is watching her, but it won't be hard to say that she's just trying to encourage more regulars. But there's only one question she really has for the man in front of her, "How did you find me?"

"Ah, well you see, my father is a member of the London branch." "I asked around. It all seemed to lead back here. So I thought I'd drop by." He pauses briefly before continuing, "I needed to see you."

He keeps his response vague but believable, he did his research on this place before showing up. He knew it was a gentlemen's club of sorts and was also aware there are different branches, such as one in London. So if he does get asked questions he can just tell a white lie about his family being tied there. However his telepathic response was also vague, he didn't go into detail as to why he needed to see her, or what has brought him back to the US.