Mommy Dearest

In the basement of Dad's house, I was preparing weapons.

The bottle of ashes was empty on the table.

I was making shotgun shells with the ashes.

Sam, Dad and Dean walked in.

"Hey," Sam told me. "How you doing?"

"Five shells," I answered. "That's how I'm doing."

"Well, you know, it's a hell of a lot more than what we had last week," Dean told us.

"Maybe," I told them.

"Meaning?" Dad asked.

"Meaning I just had myself a little mishap a few minutes ago," I told them. "And, uh, well, here, look."

I rubbed a tiny amount of ash on my arm, showing them that nothing happened.

"Whoa," Sam said.

"Huh," Dean said.

"I mean, this stuff is supposed to burn the bejeezus out of Eve, doesn't even give me a sunburn," I told them.

"Lore says it works," Dad told us.

"That's always reliable," I told them sarcastically.

"Well, you know what?" Sam asked. "Maybe it's like, uh, maybe it's like iron or silver." I stood, turning to face them. "You know? Hurts them, not us."

"Maybe, but a fat lot of god it does us till we find the bitch," Dean told us.

I looked at Dean.  "I'm looking, but I'm thinking maybe it's time you made a call."

"Why has it always got to be me that makes the call, huh?" Dean asked. "It's not like Cas lives in my ass. The dude's busy." Sam, Dad and I looked behind Dean. Dean turned to see Castiel. "Cas, get out of my ass."

"I was never in your..." Castiel trailed off. Dean gave Castiel a look.  Castiel realized he didn't mean it literally. "Have you made any progress in locating Eve?" 

"Well, we were gonna ask you about that," Dad told him.

"No, I've looked, but she's hidden from me," Castiel told us. "She's hidden from all angels."

"Awesome," Dean told us sarcastically.

"You know, what we really need is an inside man," Sam told us.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Something with claws and sympathy," Sam answered.

"Like a friendly monster?" I asked. Sam shrugged. "Those are in short supply these days, don't you think?"

"Sure, but we've met one or two, right?" Sam asked.

"Maybe," Dean answered.

"So, maybe we can find one," Sam told us.

We knew it was worth a shot.

~~~~~

Dad was pacing with a book.

Sam was sitting a the table.

Dean was leaning against the wall.

I was sitting on the steps.

Castiel appeared with Lenore the vampire.

"Lenore," Sam told her. Lenore tried to run away. "Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hey, hey. Lenore, stop." Lenore stopped. We walked closer. "Look, we're happy you're here."