Chapter 15: Round 2 Of The Playoffs

Blaire's POV:

Randy scheduled an emergency practice, for my conditioning. We all went out to the gym, and did some dryland training for a few hours, then hit the ice. All we did was a scrimmage game, to get me back into it. Usually Randy would send me back to the Marlies, but he says we can't afford that.

It feels like forever since I have hit the ice. I strap on the equipment, and take my first step out in over a week. It feels good to be back. We do a quick warmup, then get straight to the scrimmage. We go full out to get me used to it again. We still have tomorrow to recover, before the next series starts.

The scrimmage was fun. My team won, and I feel good and ready for the series. I make sure to get a nice long sleep before the game on Monday.

It's Monday, and we are at the ACC for our first game against the Penguins. It's weird how they are doing the playoffs this season. First NYR and now Pittsburgh. Oh well. We are kicking around a soccer ball in our training room. Last time we did this, Fraz kicked it into the powerbox, and all the lights went out. It was really funny. We all ran, and he couldn't find his way back.

We get bored of kicking the soccer ball, and decide to get ouro equipment on, since there is an hour until the game. I am getting really fast at getting dressed. I am half dressed, then I go to get my dangling neck guard attached to the helmet replaced. A really smart, talented 19 year old is our equipment manager. "Jack!" I call. His name is Drew, but I always forget, so he knows whenever I just yell out a random name, I'm calling him. "Yes Patricia?" He jokes.

"Can you get me a new neck guard, Drew?" I ask him. "You remembered my name! And yes, I'll be right back." He says, and runs to the storage room. He comes back with a neckguard that fits my helmet. "Thanks, Drew! I'll come and see you after the game!" I promise. I walk back to the dressing room, and there is still a half hour until the game starts. I fit the neckguard to my helmet, and adjust a few straps on my pads, then fix the arms on my chest protector.

Drew is pretty cute, and I know he has a crush on me, but I'm taken, hopefully for forever. I smile when I think about love, and I'm smiling right now. I put my headphones in, and turn on some rap. TI ft. Eminem's All She Wrote, comes on, and next thing you know, I'm rapping along. I have loved this song since my friend Sameer introduced me to it in the 6th grade. I learned all the lyrics, and he and I would rap infront of people.

I miss all my old friends, and I wonder whether they know I'm in the NHL, or if they even remember me. Randy comes in, and he says that his message is only for the players, so Jonas, Ben and I exit the room. We just hang out in the lounge room for a while. Then Randy gives us the A-OK to come back in. The rest of the guys look pretty surprised, and nervous. I ask Naz what that was all about, and he says Randy was yelling at them about protecting the goalies.

"He said your injury, Jonas' injury, and Ben's minor injuries never would have happened if we stood up for our goalies more." Naz tells me. "Ouch. I think you guys do a good job as it is, and those injuries were pure accidents." I say. Naz smiles, and then it's time to go. I am first in line, and we skate out with our sticks raised. The fans love us. It's great to have such a large fanbase. Some fans don't support my being in the NHL, but Toronto loves it. And it makes me happy to see that so many people support me.

When we are done our little lap, I head straight to centre ice to stretch. I like Marc-Andre Fleury a lot, and we are good friends. He is funny. We chitchat a little bit about the last series, and they creamed New Jersey. He tells me whoever wins this series, has to face either Carolina, or New York Islanders. I'd rather Carolina, because of the Staals. We wish eachother luck, then head to our creases for the puck drop. Crosby's line starts, so we match it with our best line, Bozie's.