Every Night Is Another Story

"And the stars, they do sing,
to the remains of dust in our veins;
we, too, could be eternal."

xxxxx

I know I've got my problems and it starts with me, she saw something inside that I can't see,
and late at night, yeah, she'll comfort me,
hold on to me, hold on to me

xxxxx

what if I told you your tears haven't been ignored, and everything that was taken can be restored

feel this
can you feel this?
my heart beating out of my chest
feel this
can you feel this?
salvation under my breath.

xxxxxx

e l e v e n:

L y d i a

Lydia tried to focus on painting her nails.

She tried to focus on getting the ombre just right, on making sure the colors blended perfectly, on making sure the polish didn't get on the skin surrounding her nail beds. Nail polish therapy was lame, but she would do anything to keep her mind from wandering too much, from straying to that dangerous place that contained all the Stiles-related junk.

It was bad enough that he was making her feel feelings, but the audacity of him to catch her in a vulnerable moment, to reduce her to a mess of jello legs and stuttering lips? So. Unfair.

It was like she was being punished, like the gods were sitting up in their royal chairs and laughing at her. Lydia sighed as she finished painting her pinkie and began to blow at the wet nails gently.

She had her hair tied up in a quick bun that was beginning to loosen, sometimes Lydia couldn't deal with her own hair - she hated how they always fell apart and how her buns had to be packed so tight they literally hurt her head to even stay in position.

She'd changed into a comfortable pair of PJ's and one of Jackson's old t-shirts that she'd stolen from him.

Lydia thought about Jackson for the first time in weeks and she wondered about how it all happened. Before the night of the formal, Lydia's mind was just Jackson, Jackson, Jackson all the time. Now it was like she'd forgotten his name, it almost felt wrong every time it lingered at the tip of her tongue. God, she'd been so mindlessly in love. Or so she'd thought.

Had that been love, really?

Her mother always told her that you fell in love multiple times in life and that it was okay; then again, her mother wasn't exactly an expert on love considering her own marriage was down in the dumps.

Lydia's father was in town, but he preferred to stay at a hotel instead of at home with them since he was here on a business trip. He'd been here two days and he still hadn't gotten the time to meet his daughter or even phone her for that matter. What did she know about love? If she really knew what love was, surely she would've married a better man?

Lydia groaned, deciding that she needed to upgrade from nail polish therapy to music therapy. Lydia cracked a CD, and played the song, 'Stay' by Mayday Parade, a favorite of hers. Before Lydia could begin singing along, her phone buzzed, it was a text from Allison.

DUDE. MALIA TATE JUST TEXTED ME. - A

Lydia frowned at the text message, trying to recall the name.

Um. Malia who? - L

Malia Stiles' EX GF ! - A

Oh. - L

You don't even know, do you? Tall. Brunette. Pretty, dusky skin. She's in Psych 101 with us. - A