Chapter 38:Honey, You're Fired

I stood looking at what was happening. Nick looked nervous and uncomfortable, Elizabeth looked embarrassed, and Karmen looked like she really wanted to laugh.

Breath in, breath out, I told myself. I closed my eyes, then spoke.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked Elizabeth. She looked down. "I was just talking to Nick, Miss Kelsey--" Elizabeth began.

"Obviously you weren't." Karmen cut in. I squinted my eyes and crossed my arms, waiting for Elizabeth to reply.

"Well--" Elizabeth began but then I cut her off. "I'll just ask Nick what happened, because I know he won't lie to me. Come on Nick." I said whike looking at Nick.

Nick looked at me nervously. Then, he followed me out the room. But, before I left, I turned back to Elizabeth.

"Please don't ask if Nick is free anymore, because more than likely, he'll be with me. Oh and I can't wait to find out what your new job is." A smile stayed on my face as I spoke each and every word.

Elizabeth's eyes widened. And with that, I left. I could hear Karmen laughing behind me.
_________________________________________________________

I sat staring at Nick on the couch with my arms crossed. He was avoiding my gaze.

"Can you please tell me what happened?" I asked him quietly. He turned to me.

"Promise me you won't get upset." he said to me. I looked down and nodded.

He sighed and looked down. "I had walked in the library, looking for you, bit you weren't there. I was about to leave when Elizabeth came from around a bookshelf. She saw me and smiled. She started saying how she hasn't seen or talked to me in so long and how she missed me." Nick paused and took a deep breath.

"Then she started walking closer and closer to me and started talking about how much she loved me and how we should be together. Then you walked in." Nick said, ending his story.

I didn't say anything for a couple of minutes. I was upset, even though I promised I wouldn't get upset.

I quickly stood up. "I'm going to be in my room for a little while." I said without looking at Nick. I began to walk away when suddenly Nick grabbed my arm gently and turned me around. He then hugged me, burying his head into my shoulder.

"You promised you wouldn't get upset." he said. I sighed, burying my head in his chest.

After a couple of seconds, Nick spoke again. "I love you."

I smiled, knowing he wasn't lying.
_________________________________________________________

I layed sprawled across Gatsby's couch with Nick asleep laying his head on my stomach.

Karmen and Gatsby left together a while ago. I guess to do Katsby stuff. So, that left Nick and I here. Along with the maids and butlers, of course.

Nick fell asleep not too long ago, leaving me caught up in my various thoughts. Most of them were about him but some of them were about random things.

As I continued to think, I suddenly heard footsteps coming in my direction. I turned my head to see Carmime walking towards me with a smile. I smile back.

"How are you, Miss Kelsey?" he asks. "I'm good, thank you. What about you, Carmine?" I ask back.

"I'm fine, Miss. Thank you. Just enjoying watching you and Mr. Nick all snuggled up together."

I laugh silently, not wanting to wake up Nick. At that same moment, Nick wraps his arms tighter around my waist, involuntarily hugging me closer to him.

Carmine chuckled. "Even in his sleep he still holds you close." I smile.

Carmine then speaks again. "Well Miss, I wouldn't want to disturb you, so I'll be on my way now." he says while beginning to walk away.

"Goodbye Carmine." I whisper silently. He turns back.

"Goodbye Miss Kelsey." And with that, he turns around and makes his way down the hall.

When he leaves, my eyes flicker to Nick. He's was still sleeping soundlessly on my tummy. I smile to myself.

About 10 minutes later, Nick starts to wake up. I look down at him to see he's already looking at me, with a smile on his face.

I can't help but grin back.

"You know, you could've just used a pillow." I say slightly laughing. Nick chuckles.

"Yeah, but this is better." he responds. And for the rest of the afternoon, he layed there just like that.
_________________________________________________________

Later on, I found out Gatsby had fired Elizabeth. I guess Karmen told him what happened.

But, seriously, I wonder what job she's gonna have now. lol.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):

Stuff is about to get exciting. ^_^ Outfit of the chapter is up there!

~kelso~