Chapter One

Natalie's POV

Beep beep.

I groaned, turning over to face my night stand and picked up my phone.

C ~ ill be over in 15 minutes so we can hangout then walk to school together.

"Motherfucker!" I yelled, jumping out of bed. I took a quick five minute shower and hurried back into my room.

I pulled on black skinny jeans and my favorite Pierce The Veil tee shirt. I put on black ankle socks and my all black vans. I put a few Pierce The Veil, My Chemical Romance, and Bring Me The Horizon bracelets on both arms. I looked at the time. 6:55 am.

"Shit shit shit."

It had been 10 minutes since Claire had texted me.

I ran a brush through my straight hair, and hair sprayed my side fringe just to make sure it stayed in place. I had three minutes to do my makeup, so I quickly put on very little foundation.

I then put on a thin line of eyeliner and light eye shadow. I looked at myself in the mirror. Good enough.

I put in my ear lobe piercing earrings, my black nose ring, and my black lip ring.

 I quickly glanced at the time once more. 7:00 am.

I heard the doorbell ring. Just in time.

"Natalie! Door!" I heard my dad yell. I grabbed my phone and wallet, slipping them into my pockets, and slid my house key on a small black cord type thing around my wrist. I quickly slipped my drawstring bag around my shoulder and ran down the stairs.

"I let Claire in for you since you took forever." My dad said sarcastically.

"We should just get her a house key dad. I swear."

"That reminds me." He said, and hurried into another room.

"Claire!" I called.

"Couch!" I heard her say.

I walked into the living room, my dad following. He tossed something to Claire and she caught it with ease.

"What's this?" She asked. I walked over by her and peered over her shoulder.

"Oh my god dad, you gave her a house key?" I exclaimed.

"W-what?" Claire said in shock.

"Well, you two have been best friends for so long and I trust you. Natalie's mother has one for you for her house too. We both trust you, and you come over here so often, not that it's any trouble, and you go over to her mother's house so often that we are giving you house keys." My dad said.

"Wow." I said.

"Oh my god, thank you so much!" Claire said with joy.

"Anytime. Now you girls have fun. Natalie, don't forget to lock the door on your way out. Have an amazing first day of sophomore year." And with that he left for work.

I shot Claire a playful glare.

"Hey! What's that for?"

"For giving me fifteen minutes to get ready this morning." I laughed.

"Haha, well, I didn't think you wouldn't already at least be awake." She said with a giggle.

"Well what did you expect? That's how I am. I've been that way forever."