Chapter Seven

Natalie's POV

"Claire? Oh my God. Claire, I am so sorry." I said.

She instantly started choking on the breathing tube down her throat, so I pressed the nurse button. Before Claire woke up, her parents came in, but soon left and went back into the waiting room, because the doctor told us all that there was no telling if or when Claire might wake up. But here she is...Alive.

A nurse rushed in within seconds. "She's alive." I said simply.

The nurse checked Claire's vitals and made sure she could move everything in her body before saying, "She seems okay. You might want to go get her parents though so they can see her. If you seem to come across any complications, just hit the nurse button and me or another nurse will be with you shortly." I just nodded and ran out of the room into the waiting room.

"Claire's parents! She's awake!" I called to her parents before running back into Claire's hospital room, her parents right behind me.

"Claire! Oh my God. Are you okay?" Her mom asked her after both of her parents gave Claire a hug and kiss on the forehead.

"Yeah...I'm okay. What happened?" Claire asked.

"Well...You cut...A lot. Your stomach, arms, and legs are all bandaged up. And you somehow got a gash on your head. Claire...We didn't know that you cut. The doctor said that you've been cutting for a few years. They said that because they got some data from your older scars." Claire's dad said sadly but softly.

"I cut?" Claire asked.

Her parents looked at each other as I was standing there slightly awkwardly.

"Yes." They both said.

"Oh..." Claire said, and stayed silent.

"Claire, I'm so sorry for telling you what I did. This is all my fault. Please be best friends with me again. Ryan made me realize that I made a huge mistake." I cried.

"Um...Who are you?" She asked.

"W-what?" I asked in shock.

"I'm sorry, am I supposed to know who you are?" Claire asked.

"I-I-I...I-I'm your best friend Claire...Or hopefully still am." I said in tears.

"I only remember my parents. I don't remember anything else." Claire said.

My hand covered my mouth and I ran out of the room, tears rolling down my face.

"Natalie! Natalie!" Claire's parents called after me. I fled to the waiting room and crumbled down to the floor in tears, shaking and crying uncontrollably. Claire's mom came up to me and started gently rubbing my back. Ryan and my dad had already left but told me to call them if anything happened.

"It's okay. I'm sure the memory loss will go away soon." Claire's mom said.

I stood up and hugged her mom for a second, then said, "Let's go back to the room."

We went back into the room and while Claire's parents talked to Claire for a while, I went outside the room and made some calls.

Ring, ring. Ring, ring. 

"Hello?" I heard Ryan's voice.

"Hi...Um...Can you come down to the hospital? I know that dad is at work so could you just leave him a note? I need someone for comfort." I said.

"Sure I guess, are you okay?" 

"No...I'll explain when you get here if it's okay with Claire's parents. Bye." I said and hung up.