Chapter Eight

Claire's POV

I don't know who this 'Natalie' is. She claims to be - or to have been my best friend. Yesterday, in the hospital, she told me everything starting from when me and her met. And then she told me that she said she didn't want to be friends with me anymore, and that's why I ended up in the hospital. She claims that I cut because of her, and her saying that she couldn't be friends with me anymore.

I'm not sure about anything. I only remember my parents. 

"Well, Claire, you are able to go home today." The nurse said.

"Okay..." I said awkwardly. I was glad I was able to go home, but I would have to get used to people claiming things, such as Natalie being my best friend. 

My parents came into my hospital room and stood on either side of me, taking my hands and kissing my forehead. The doctor came in not too much later.

"So, Claire, you are aware that you have a medium to severe case of amnesia, right?" The doctor said.

"No...But now I am. All I knew before was that I couldn't remember much. I didn't know that it was slightly severe." I answered.

"Alright, and, can you tell me what you do remember?" The doctor said.

"I love bands and Youtubers, such as Sleeping With Sirens and Johnnie Guilbert. I also remember that I-I-I c-cut...And that I've been cutting for three years. I remember my parents, I remember that I go to North Shore High. That's all." I said.

"Okay, good. Also, since this was most likely a suicide attempt or just self harm in general, we would have put you in a mental clinic, but if you can't even remember doing this, that wouldn't be fair to you, so for now, we are just sending you home. We know that the gash on your head wasn't a suicide attempt and that it was simply an accident, so you're good there." 

"Okay." I said simply.

"As for you, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, if you guys run into any problems with Claire, such as her passed out, any self harm issues with her, et cetera, feel free to bring her in, don't hesitate." My parents nodded. 

"I hope you get better soon Claire." The doctor said.

"Thanks." I answered.

My parents signed me out of the hospital and we headed home.

Natalie's POV

Me and Ryan left yesterday after I had said bye to Claire. This was really taking a toll on me, I can only imagine how she feels.

I had woken up at nine thirty this morning so I could get ready to hangout with Kellin. After all, he was the Kellin Quinn, lead singer of Sleeping With Sirens. 

I took a twenty minute shower, got out and dried off. I put on my favorite Sleeping With Sirens tee shirt, black ripped skinny jeans, black ankle socks and my all black vans. I pulled on a bunch of random band bracelets until they reached both of my elbows. I put on a thin line of black eyeliner and light eye shadow. I then put on nude lipstick. 

I ran a brush through my hair and let my flat iron heat up. I texted Kellin while I waited.

N ~ hey, you still up for hanging out today?

K ~ yeah...but i kind of need your address :P

N ~ oh yeah, its 2693 north 26th street, sorry lol

K ~ no problem, ill be there at 11, okay?

N ~ yeah that sounds good. see ya then.