11

Chloe
I was scared for my life. It was like I couldn't trust anyone. Not even my own family. Maddie was okay now, but everyone was still scared. Maddie's parents had a guard go with Maddie everywhere she went. I honestly didn't blame them. If I knew someone almost killed my daughter, I would go all out.

I was also avoiding Mikey. Every time I thought about calling him or texting him, Mackenzie's words popped into my head and I couldn't bring myself to do it. He had texted me plenty of times, but I didn't reply back.

It was Friday evening and it was graduation day. I had on my short nude dress, nude heels, and my white cap and gown. My hair was straightened, my makeup was done professionally, and I got some black acrylics. Once I had reached on school grounds, huge security guards were sprawled out everywhere. Maddie was standing right in the middle with her sunglasses over her face. She had on no expression, but that immediately changed when she saw me. I stuck my fingers up awkwardly, and she scowled. She stuck her fingers up the same way I did, but she stuck up her middle finger right after. I honestly missed my best friend. Not the crazy one who was now facing charges, not the angry one who had gotten smashed by a spotlight. But the ones before all of this mess. And Mikey was the one to blame for it.

Mikey ruined my relationship with Maddie by making me fall for him.

He ruined Maddie's relationship with Paige because Paige fell for him and as a result, she had tried to kill Maddie and was now facing charges.

Mikey was the reason for all of this. And I had to stop him before it got worse.

Mackenzie's words instantly came coming back to me.

I looked behind me and saw nobody there. I quickly started to walk.

Then, I ran.

I rounded the corner to see Mikey with ropes in his hand.

He gave me a smirk. I took off my heels and threw them at him and started to run as fast as I could. He took them up and easily caught up to me where he tied my hands down with ropes and covered my mouth.

He shook one of the heels at me and smirked before picking me up.

"You're going to need these baby girl." He picked me up and led me towards the abandoned school building. I tried to scream for help, but it was no use.

Mackenzie Ziegler was right.

And now I was going to pay the price.