Chapter 19 - The meadow

The fresh morning air made my braided hair fly in the wind as I sat up on my horse.
Merida went up next to me. Her horse Angus was really big, and beautiful.
"Are you ready?" She asked, smiling at me and Anna next to me.
"Oh, yes," Anna said excitedly.
We went over the bridge and on a path through the forest. Instead of boring firs there was many different trees, which were red, orange and yellow and had leaves. The path was made of sand or stone or something, and on the sides of the path there was grass which were green. After looking at the grass I suddenly noticed the trees had disappeared and we just going to the other side of the meadow where the forest continued. Then I heard bagpipe music again and sighed, I was really tired at it by now. But I strangely enough I recognised the melody, and thought for a moment, until words came to my mind.
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around...
Who the reindeer is playing this?
I looked around to see the guy I'd seen at the ball sitting against a tree next to the forest.
"Anna, Merida?"
"Uh-huh?"
"Can I just...rest here for a moment?"
"Here?" Anna and Merida said in unison.
"To...poop!" I lied awkwardly.
"Okay, but we can get back soon, right?" Anna asked Merida and she nodded. "Excellent," I said and they rode off.
Then I sat off and walked up to the bagpipe player.
"Hey you," I said and he stopped playing. "Why are you stealing ma tune?"
The guy took off his ridiculous cap, revealing a smiling Jack Frost.
"Ha, I know it was you," I smiled and waited for him to stand, but he didn't so I sat down next to him. "I've got soo many questions for you.." I said but he held out his arms and said adorably, "Hug?"
"You could have hugged me if you'd stood up," I said but he ignored me and embraced me instead. I tried to keep myself from grinning all to much when I asked him, "Seriously, do you play bagpipe?"
"I've had some years of practise, you know..."
"Okay, but why are you here?"
"Why are you here?"
I sighed. "Why not?"
"Exactly!"
I once again tried to keep myself from smiling, turning all nervous and giddy.
I wanted to ask him why he had been gone for so long, but I knew, he said we would be back to bring winter, but..."Why are you so early? And how did you find me?" I asked, making him chuckle.
"Oh Elsa, it was you who found me."
I just smiled and looked at the meadow. "But why did you wait?"
"Wait? You said I was early.."
"It just slipped out of me, sorry." I rested my elbows on my knees.
"Fine.." Jack mumbled. "When you're a guardian, your life is eternal, so every month flies by like a week. But with you..."
He paused and I looked at him. "What?"
"It's like time stops," he said dramatically and I mentally facepalmed.
"Oh god, please," I said as he laughed at himself.
"Hey, Elsa?" He said as he'd stopped laughing.
"What?" I said again, sounding slightly irritated.
"Do you..want to go somewhere?"
"Fly somewhere?"
"Mm-hm?"
"Not when Anna and Merida are away."
"Just a small trip?"
"No, but I'd like to."
"You'd like to?" Jack smiled.
"Not really fly, it's a bit chaotic, but go somewhere, yes."
We started hearing clappering if hooves and I turned around to see Anna and Merida. "Hey, we returned because it was clear that you wouldn't poop so we wanted to see who it was and it's no other than Jack Frost!" Anna said, who was already off her horse and in front of us in the end of her sandwich.
"How's Jelsa going?" She asked excitedly and I sighed.
"What's Jelsa?" Jack smiled.
"Nothing!" I said and stood up.
"Okay, but now when Anna and Merida are back, can we go somewhere?"
I turned around to look at him, who had just stood up. "Where?"
"Berk, the dragon island of doom?"
"Of doom?!"
"That sounds exciting!" Anna said.
"It's not an island of doom, just very.. On fire," Merida said.
"You've been to Berk?" Anna said.
"It's wonderful, you get to see dragons! They're awesome."
"Let's go," Jack said and held out his hands.
"No, we can't, our horses are here and.." I didn't have time to finish my sentence before Jack grabbed my hand, and Anna took my other, and Anna took Merida's, and Jack took his staff, and...it all went very fast.
Then I felt a tingling feeling in my stomach.