Will You Marry Me?

A/N Here we are guys the end! I'm rather proud of this so I really hope you like it :) 

On Saturday I go to the beach early just so I can think about the day I was last here and what the hell I’m going to say and how I’m going to say it. The wind is cold so I pull my jacket tighter around me the ring box in my pocket when I hear someone walking towards me, I turn to see Alison walking towards me her long hair blowing behind her, she seems skinnier but apart from that she hasn’t changed.

“Hey Ali” I smile.

“How are you?” she asks.

“Alright...” I’m not going to go into how bad everything is again, not now.

“Good, now Jacky what did you want to talk about?” Just standing with her again, just being so close to her that I could hold her but knowing I can’t I want to break down. I take a deep breath, get down on one knee and get the box out of my pocket

“Alison Emily Moore will you marry me?”

“Jack....I...Don’t...No...No Jack I can’t” she says, crying. I stand up and look at her.

“I didn’t think you’d say yes, I just hoped...I just hoped....You still love me but obviously I’m wrong” I say, it’s really it my life is really over.  

“Jack I don’t know what to say, I didn’t think you’d still care all this time I thought you would have got up and moved on”

“What I like I did when everyone else abandoned me? No Alison I still love you so, so much” I say half angry, half crying.

“I didn’t...I don’t mean to hurt you, I never did you know that” she says, obviously upset.

“Then why did you do it? Why did you walk out of my life like that? Did you really think I could take it?”

“Yes...No I don’t know okay, I did what I thought was best” she cries.

“HOW? How did you think cheating on me was a good thing?” I yell.

“No I didn’t do that....Jack sit down let me explain” she says.

“I heard it all two years ago I don’t want to hear it again”

“No listen there’s a lot more you should know, now sit” I sigh and sit down on the sand beside her, what more could there be?

“Jack I didn’t cheat on you that was a lie but I’ll get to that... Everything started when I was eleven my dad died, he was in the army you see and he died fighting for his country like he’d always wanted. And of course I didn’t take it very well and neither did my mum as she was pregnant with my little sister Daisy at the time but no one took it as bad as my older brother Tom. They were very close my dad and Tom so he took it very, very badly when he died and ended up....Killing himself. My mum took this even worse it wasn’t just because he was dead but because he wanted to die and because of this she didn’t really bound with Daisy they’ve never got on well so Daisy is in boarding school and it was just me and mum. I know you’ve met her and she didn’t well...She didn’t like you, she thought you were just somebody with no hope and no future, she didn’t think you were any good for me. She asked me to ended it with you and if I didn’t she’d disown me. Jack I had to pick between my family and my boyfriend I didn’t know....Jack do you understand now?”

I sigh “I guess I do but does that mean you still loved me?” I ask.

“Always Jack I have always loved you and I wish I could go back and make it up to you” she says.

“You can, you can make it up to me” I say taking the ring box out of my pocket. “Marry me”

“Jack you know I can’t”

“I’m just asking you if you love me?”

“Yes I do”

“Then why can’t you marry me?” I ask.

“Because of my mum and Henry what about him?” she says, her voice sad and hurt.

“Who?”

“The...The guy I’ve been dating since...” she says, unable to look at me.

“Do you love him?” I ask, I never thought that she’d have somebody else, am I that naive?

“No, no I love you” she cries.

“Then...” she cut me off.

“What about my mum? What do you think will happen if I go back to her and say I got engaged to the boy you told me to leave?” she yells.

“This is about us, this is about the love between you and me, and how you want to spend your life not how your mother wants you to spend it, this is your fucking life do what you want love who you want! All I want to know is if you love me enough to want to spend your life with....Well me”

“YES OF COURSE I DO” she yells. I’m taken aback.

“Really? You do?” I ask, shocked.

“Yes Jacky I love you so, so very much I’m never want to let you go” she says.

“So Alison one last time will you marry me?” I ask.

“Yes, yes Jack I will marry you” she says, with such a smile on her face. I place the ring on her finger, she has such a beaming smile that I can’t help putting my arms around her neck and kissing her. Butterflies and fireworks explode inside me all we’re kissing for the first time again but this time only better.

“You’re right, Jack you’re so right I can’t let people control my life. I want you, I’ve also wanted you, I’ve never stopped wanting you” she says, are our lips meet again setting off more butterflies and fireworks. Alison is in my arms again and this time I am never, ever going to let her slip through my fingers.  

To this day Alison doesn’t know what Jack was planning to do if she’d said no that last night. And too this day Jack doesn’t know that Alison hasn’t spoken to her mother since she told her she was engaged to Jack.     

                                                                                      The End