Chapter five

I woke up seeing it was 9 am. I rolled out of the sofa and fell on my stomach. "Goddammit." I muttered under my breath as I stood back up on my feet.

"Goodmorning." I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Piper in her baggy clothes, bet she was ready to start painting again. "Morning. Did ye sleep well?" I asked

She nodded, "You have a good bed, but it's time to give my new room a whole second layer."

"Ow ow, calm your horses, love. Can I have breakfast first? Have you eaten already?"

"Yes, I was up at 6." she replied with a chuckle

"I'm gonna eat some cereal and then we can start."

After my breakfast we started putting the second layer.

We let the second layer dry for about and hour and a half and then started putting her furniture inside.

It was around 2 in the afternoon when we finished.

"It looks amazing, in my opinion." I said proudly as I stood there looking at the room with my hands on my hips.

"I adore it. Thank you thank you thank you." she exclaimed and wrapped her arms around my torso.

"You're welcome." I mumbled as I wrapped my arms around her neck.

-

After we got cleaned up and ate lunch Piper stood up, "Can I go exploring?"

"Exploring?"

"Yeah, the city and stuff. You know." she laughed

"Erm, yeah sure but message me if something's up." I said, "I'll give you my nu-"

"- I, I don't have a phone." she said before I could finish my sentence.

"Let's buy one then."

"No way.." she said with a high squeal

"Listen dear, there's something I need you to know."

"What?" she asked as she sat down next to me.

"Have you watched like TV shows during your period in that orphanage?"

"Erm, no."

"Well, I'm an actor. And I play in The Walking Dead."

"Oh.. okay, wow."

(A/N: this story is based at the beginning of season 5 so Rick has le beard)

"We can watch some episodes if you'd like, so you know who you're dealing with." I joked

She snorted, "Is good to me."

"Okay then. We've just finished filming season one and people love it."

"I'm excited to watch it."

"It's a horror kind of serie though, I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all." she giggled

I put on the first episode of season one and we sat down in the sofa next to eachother underneath a blanket.

-

"Oh woops that's you." she laughed as I first appeared

"Indeed." I replied with a smirk

"Wait why are you in the hospital?"

"Oh wow okay what is that. what are those?"

"Oh GOD. SHIT FUCKERS WHAT ARE THOSE."

"DONT OPEN? DEAD INSIDE? HILY"

She kept on talking and rambling and I thought it was adorable.

The episode was ending and her head had fallen on my shoulder. "I love it already."

"I'm glad you like it." I said smiling brightly.

"So you're this famous person actually." she asked

"Well.. you could say that. But I don't like the word famous." I said

"Why not?" she asked as she kept resting her head on me.

I moved my hand and it went to play with her dark black hair.

"Well because people don't see you as a normal person anymore. It's like,, I don't know. I just don't like to be called a famous person. I just happen to be on this show and I happen to have a lot success."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"You're still just guardian so, I don't see you as a famous person or as Rick. I see you as Andrew, the one that wants to give me a new, real life."

I smiled brightly and hugged her close to me. "Piper?" I muttered

She looked up at me. "I.. You.. I love you."

She smiled happily. "I love you too, dad."

I couldn't believe the words she had just said. I kept on hugging her and we lied there for minutes.

She said she loves me and she also said dad. That must've been hard for her, but I'm so happy. I'll do anything to make her feel at home. And I'm gonna do my best to try to be the best father I can be. Because I am her father, legally. Maybe not biologically, but legally. She has my last name in a bit.

"What would you think of going into town with me and buying new clothes and a phone and stuff?"

"I would love that." she replied with a smile and then kissed my cheek quickly. "I'm going to change clothes, be right back."

"Yep."

-

We went into the iPhone store and I told her to look around. "Paps, I'd like this one. I mean if you don't mind buying it. I mean it's expensive."

She was holding an iPhone 5.

"You can have it." I said with a smile.

"Really?!" she helped

"Really."

She jumped and hugged me. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

"We can set it up together once we're home."

"Oh my god, yes!"

I paid for the phone and we walked further through the shopping centre. I gave her some money and she could buy some new clothes.

"Ready to head home?" I asked her as she walked out of the store.

She nodded and smiled widely.

"Let's go then.

-

We arrived at home and I sat down on the couch, we set up her phone. "I put my number in it, contact name is Andrew."

"Wait a second." she whispered

I handed her her phone and she handed it back almost immediately.

She had changed it to, dad