Daya Crúz

Only one more month of summer break and I will be back in some sweaty classroom in St. Laurence's High.
Oh, how I dreaded the thought of parking my car in front of the double doors leading to the island of misfits called school.
I have barely done anything this summer, my schedule has been packed with working at the Holy Angels.
The Holy Angels is an organisation for special children, I helped look after the kids whilst the staff was busy. I earned $50 dollars a day and for a 16 year old girl of my lifestyle, is not too bad.
Okay, you guessed it I'm a cliché rich girl, dad and mom never around, I live in Diablo, CA, I go to a posh school and get a lot of pocket money. Oh, how I hate the cliché of having a name like Cherry Apple Blossom Summers.

Okay maybe that's not my name, but it should've been considering my life is so predictable.

My name is Daya Crúz, none of my family's money was earned, it was all passed down by my Latino grandfather, who happened to be a Mexican drug lord. I'm not even ashamed, it's just too cliché to comprehend. My father owns a car shop and my mother runs a bakery. We do pretty well but most money was inherited.

My mind comes back into focus as I park my car into the drive way of my 5 bedroom home. That was plenty as the only people living in the house was my parents, myself and Catríona the house keeper. She basically just cleans and does the washing and things but we treat her like a guest. She gets her own floor down in the basement with her own kitchen, sitting room, bedroom and bathroom and she is free to go wherever she wants. She is not our slave.

I lock my car and enter the house.
"Hola Catríona"
"Buenas tardes" she replies.
Catríona and I often speak in Spanish because it helps me practise for school and it's both our mother tongue, even though I am fluent in English.

She makes me some pancakes with golden syrup, I have always had a sweet tooth.

I thank her and head to my room upstairs on the 3rd floor, the top floor.
I sat on my bed and looked around.

I stared at the pictures of my friends on the walls and realised we hadn't actually met up in at least two weeks.

I log in to my Facebook and check my messages.

A party.

It is only a couple blocks away and my friends are already forcing me to go.
I decide to loosen up a bit considering I haven't seen them in a while and jump into a quick shower.

After, I dry my body and put on a matching black thong and bra, I was feeling a bit kinky okay?

I put on a white robe and started to dry my long dark hair. I walk into my wardrobe and try to find something to wear. I scan through the 3 rails and find a short, slim fitting black dress. I looked outside and the weather was scorching hot as usual.
I pull out the dress and lay it neatly on my bed. I find a pair of open-toe wedges with a thick strap above the ankle. They were my party shoes because they never had me in pain.

I always do my makeup before putting on clothes so I head to my bathroom and apply foundation, then highlight and contour until I looked beautiful chiseled. Oh, how I fooled the boys. I filled in my eyebrows until they were perfect. I applied my winged eyeliner and Burt's Bees wax lip balm and my face was the best it could get.

I straightened my loose curls out of my hair and put on my dress, shoes and a golden necklace given to me from my best-friend for my birthday last year. It had a 'D' engraved in it.

I felt party ready and pretty confident. I headed down stairs and told Catríona I would only be a few blocks away if my parents ever asked. Not that they would notice I was gone.

As I walked outside of my door, I was greeted by my two best friends and handsome boyfriend.

"Wow! You look gorgeous baby."  My boyfriend called.
A dark haired, dark eyed boy named Sean Jones walked towards me and embraced me in a hug. He was on the football team, swimming team and lacrosse team so he had pretty chiseled abs, not to mention his cheekbones which would always make me melt.

Too cliché? He's also in the drama club. He's my Romeo.

"Yeah you look great, Daya!" Said my girl best friend, Leigh. She's an aspiring make-up artist. She's got 30000 subscribers on YouTube, which is enough to earn money.  She is a blond and bubbly character with blue eyes and a tan from her time spent on the beach, looking at cute lifeguards.  We've been best friends since we were 7, when she moved here from Georgia and we have developed a special connection.

"Hola, Latina goddess!" My other best friend, Max said. I love when he compliments me because he has an eye for fashion. He has a fashion blog and it's pretty popular. He sometimes lets me help but it's mostly just him and his British boyfriend, Jacob, who run it.

I was feeling pretty self confident and was ready to party.