Chapter five:

Bennett's point of view:

"Doctor he can't sleep, regardless of what I do. What do you think it is?" I asked him cautiously, five year old Gabriel sat in my lap twiddling his thumbs with an innocent smile on his face.

"Bennett, Gabriel has insomnia" I glared at the old man who had helped deliver both of my children. Jeremy and Serenity were in the waiting room with Cheyenne keeping her occupied while we talked to the doctor in here. "He's five years old! How could he possibly have insomnia?!" The doctor sighed. "He cant sleep because of his stress issues, losing a parent at such a young age is very traumatic, even for the supernatural. He is losing sleep because he misses his mother" I frowned. That made more sense.

But if that was so then why didn't Cheyenne have insomnia as well? Was she just coping better? I mean it's not like they weren't both there. They saw their mother die. I lost my wife, not the woman that give birth to me. "How do we cure it?" I asked, curious to find a way to make my child healthier. "You need to find a way for him to relieve his stress. How often does he turn into his wolf?" I sighed. He didn't. "Never" the doctors forehead creased. "Get him and your daughter to go on runs with you, it'll relieve the extra stress and make him so tired all in one go that he'll have to sleep" I smiled politely. "Thanks doctor" he grinned. "It's my job, but your welcome" I left and went into the waiting room, Gabriel was holding my hand.

Serenity looked up expectantly, Cheyenne was in Jeremy's arms, fast asleep. I couldn't help but think how good he'd be with a kid and it again made me wonder why him and Serenity didn't have any. I sighed. "Whats the damage?" asked Serenity. "Gabriel has insomnia."

Rosemarie's point of view:

I combed through my hair, looking at my reflection without really seeing it. I'd get to see them. Bennett. Gabriel and Cheyenne. Jeremy and Serenity. The pack. My family. I shouldn't have stayed with Dimitri this long I should've went home, to my mate and children. I should've known I would hurt them, letting them think I was dead. But I would return, I would explain and hopefully my family would accept why I stayed away so long. I'd thought it was the best possible outcome, I was a burden to them. I knew it. But I had to go back. We got in Dimitri's car and he put his keys in the ignition. I sighed wistfully. I didn't want to leave. This was my home.

"Ready to go?" I sighed again and he caressed my cheek with the tips of his fingers. "Yes" I said it before I changed my mind. If he gave me the option I'd stay here forever. He drove slowly and we made it to a petrol station so he could refuel. He bought himself a coffee and me tea. "You know I do want you to stay, but its for the best" I frown. "I hope your right" he paya for the petrol and we set off again. An hour later we arrive. If I close my eyes its almost as if nothing changed at all. If I close my eyes it's almost like the day me and Bennett came home from our honeymoon in Everdeen county, we arrive in his car, he goes to the boot and gets our luggage, he races before me, making jokes about me being a Luna and I go through the door ignoring every word he says.

That wonderful day is forgotten when I reopen my eyes and walk up to the door. I knock twice and wait for it to open. A girl I dont know answers the door. "Who are you?" she asks, wrinkling her nose as she smells my true nature. "Tell Alpha Bennett his wife is home" her eyes go wide as understanding hits her. "Yes ma'am" she lets me and Dimitri in before running off to find my husband. I sigh. "It's good to be back."