Before : There was a me

She was the rose that grew from the concrete , the waves the kissed the shoreline during a storm and the wind that howls in the depths of the cold night .

Growing up in her household filled with perfectionists , preacher's children and hypocritical family members, she never seen the light at the end of the rainbow or her silver lining in the dark gloomy clouds.

Her only flaw was that ,

She wasn't perfect .

She was chubby and more developed than her other siblings and most importantly a daddy's girl. Her mother always have seemed to resent her .

"Gluttony is a sin . all that damn eating no wonder why you look like a fat pig!" she'd say.

"No wonder everything I buy you cant fit , your a fat ass pig!''

"When you grow up you wont be shit like the rest of your family "

''I should've gotten a abortion!"

As harsh as her mother's words were , nothing else mattered to her because her father meant everything to her .

"You're so important to me dad. You're like the moon and the stars in the sky , the rainfall to the plants , the growing things and most importantly your like the galaxy in the universe" she'd tell him.

" I love you too much sweet heart " He'd reply to her and they'd share a a warm embrace that radiated unconditional love.

She was always under her father . He meant so much to her , in a sense he was her way of life .

Her life was cut short when he passed away , when he left he took her soul and life with her . there was nothing left but a empty shell who harbors the name , Rose.

Later on in life , it would be almost confusingly weird to say Rose wasn't affected by her childhood .

She lives quietly & isolated in the hood of Forest Hills .

Confined to her studio apartment , she spends her life painting all day and listening to thought provoking and free flowing , non-materialistic genres of music . Her masterpieces often told stories , stories of her childhood , her perception of black beauty , her way of freedom.

Her escape ,

And her hurtful past .

Attempts of suicide to everything which makes her who she is now .

A antisocial , creative , intelligent introvert.

She never leaves her apartment , only to go to the local park and occasional grocery shopping.

On the outside she was just and average , nineteen year old . But on the inside she's a slave held captive by her own fears and depression and self-criticism.

She isn't the victim , she tries not to be .

She's a human .

She's physically alive. . .

She feels . . .

She's rose,

An empty vessel .

_____________________________________________________________________

How's the first chapter ? ,

Here , I wanted to focus on what made her who she is , even though this isn't much about her , this is enough to draw conclusions about the way she is and a insight of her life .

Pay attention through out the book .

Rose in the MM with some mood setting music .

Comment , Vote and Only positive vibes only .