Before : There was a He

Becoming Jermaine wasn't easy but it was easy to mold him into the person he is today .

He never had a father .

No one to play or watch sports with , no one to teach him about girls or teach him in general .

He was the cold feeling in the chilly nights , the winter's ice , the beautiful of the monstrosity of the black , dark clashing waves

His mother , a alcoholic never payed him any attention.

Most things he did know he taught himself ,

forcing him to grow up at such a young age.

He was often mistaken for a normal light skinned boy growing up in the slums , selling drugs , doing no good .

That was a false perception.

He had the weight of the world on his shoulders .

Many nights he'd go up to the apartment building's roof top and peer out into the stars , constantly overthinking , driving himself crazy .

The only thing that kept him sane was a paper and pen .

Writing and composing music was his escape from his harsh reality called life .

His life drove him insane , his life pushed him and pushed him and pushed him until he drove off the edge .

At his young , and older age he has a very extensive vocabulary which seemed to match his craziness .

Growing up like he did , living in the slums , selling drugs to survive , dropping out of school you'd think he would be angry at his mother for not caring about him , finding happiness in a bottle of Jack Daniels , daring to give him a liquid smile .

He felt sorry for her ,

he often blamed his father . A nameless , coward who walked out on his responsibilities , the mother of his creation given from god .

He blamed god .

God gave him a life he had no choice but to accept or fall .

He wanted to be needed ,

He wanted to mean something to someone ,

He wanted to love,

He wanted to be normal ,

But ,

He was Jermaine.