13

The next few days were very different. She spent the whole day with Minho and her nights with Chuck and Thomas, leaving no time for Newt. She felt bad, but there was nothing she could do with it.

On the end of the third day, after Minho showed her the maps, she had a strange feeling in her head. She knew there was something up with the maps, but couldn't figure out what. Since she didn't have to get up early tomorrow, she went to Newt's room and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Me"

"Come in."

She came in and sat on the bed, next to him.

"So...long time no see." He started.

She sighed. "Sorry, I've just been so bloody busy. Life isn't like before. I actually have to work now!"

"Same. Well I always worked but it's been harder not having you there to comfort me." He put his arms around her, and leaned his head on her shoulder so his lips were touching her neck. She put her face in his hair. His soft, beautiful, golden brown hair.

They stayed like this for a while until Newt finally pulled away. He stared into her eyes for a few seconds, then leaned in and kissed her, for the first time in what seemed like years. She kissed him back, moving her hands down to his neck.

Before they knew it, he was on top of her, taking his shirt off without breaking their lips. She did the same.

Eventually, his lips moved down to her neck as he nipped and sucked it. She hadn't felt this good in a long time, and took off her trousers in return. His change of action had given her a chance to catch her breath, which she needed as her stamina wasn't very good.

Soon, they were both completely naked, and they moved under the covers.

--

After it happened, they both tried to sleep, but Pippa couldn't stop thinking about the maze as she lay in Newt's arms. She had somewhat memorized most of the maps, and as she traced out the patterns onto Newt's chest, which woke him up.

"Hey there" he said sleepily. "Still not satisfied?"

"How could I be with your horrible performance?" She replied, sarcastically.

"There's no end to your sarcasm, is there?" He chuckled and went back to sleep.

She just stared at his sleeping face, repeated his words over and over in her head.

"There's no end"

"There's no end"

Then it hit her. The maze had no end. No way out. It was impossible for the patterns to continue for an opening.

She just lay there, in Newt's arms, the most content, yet at the same time, most anxious person in the world. There was no way she would get any sleep that night, what with her sleeping with Newt and with this maze problem.

She focused on the latter of the 2 as it would actually mean something if she thought about it.

Why would the creators send them in without a way out? To test how long it would take before they gave up? She couldn't make herself believe that, so instead started thinking about other possibilities, each more unlikely than the last.

Then it hit her. "Of course" she whispered, into Newt's chest. The way out had to be from the inside. The maze patterns had to be telling them something.