19

As soon as they entered the dining hall, everyone went quiet. By now, the news had spread of her baby, and they didn't know what to say. Luckily, Chuck was there to save the day.

As soon as he saw them, he sprinted up to them, and pulled them both into a hug. "Oh my god congratulations you're shucking pregnant! I love both you guys and I'm gonna make sure nothing happens to you."

Pippa and Newt were both touched. They looked at each other and nodded. "Chuck, do you wanna be the godfather? You deserve it after all."

"Oh my god, yes!!" He hugged them even tighter. By now, he was placing a lot of pressure on Pippa's stomach, and she gasped.

Newt saw this. "Chuckie, I know you're excited but you're hurting Pippa."

"Oh klunk sorry. He moved away, slightly embarassed, but gave them a quick smile before returning to the table. They got their food and joined him.

"So..." Minho said. "Chuck gets to be the godfather, and he's only 13? That's shucking unfair!" He joked.

"Actually" Newt said, looking at Pippa. She gave him the nod of approval so he continued. "We want you and Thomas to be goduncles. We love you all the same, but cmon! Chuckie is made to be a godfather, the kid's gonna love him."

Newt's words reminded them all of the dangers they were all about to face, and if the child even had a future. There was such a huge chance of dying, nobody could deny that. She had already been in so much danger when she didn't even know she was pregnant. What if that happened again? What would happen to them?

Their friends sensed this, and Minho spoke. "We'd love to be goduncles!" He said, as a tear rolled down Pippa's cheek. It was the first time she had cried since coming to the glade, so she buried her face into Newt's chest. "It's gonna be ok love, it's gonna be ok."

Surprisingly, Gally came over to their table.

"Look Pippa, I know we've had some trouble in the past, but I wanted to say I'm sorry for all of this. I think of you like my sister, and I want you to know, I will not let anything happen to you, or the baby."

She was touched by his statement. She had expected Minho or Thomas to say something like that, but not Gally. The shank hated her! So she got up and hugged him. "That means a lot Gally. Thanks."

He smiled and went away.

One by one, all the boys left, giving her a smile as they went out the door. Soon, just them 5 were left.

"Pippa, I know this is probably a sensitive subject but what are we going to do about the code and stuff?" Thomas asked.

"Um...well...I know where the keypad is but there are 8 to choose from and the wrong one sends greivers out at every letter you press. I can't figure out what the right one is so Minho and I-"

"-Somebody" Newt interupted.

"-yes somebody is going to check the keypads."

"Look Pippa, I know you feel this is your fault and you have to make it up to Ben, but it's not. People have been stung by greivers before, and that wasn't even for a good cause. You don't need to check the keypads. I can do that, and Thomas can come with me. Ok?" Minho said.

"Fine, fine. Subject dropped. By the way, I'm still hungry. I want more food!"

"Seriously? You already ate your own and half of Newt's." Thomas said.

Newt smiled. "Eating for two, remember? I'm going to get more for you." He rubbed her stomach, then got up.

Minho and Thomas decided to go and start on the keypads. They were about to get up, when Pippa stopped them.