Chapter 1

"Jared, could you come help me with this?" Called Emma from inside the house. "Coming!" Replied a sweaty Jared. He had auburn brown hair and coal black eyes that had a slight glint in them. He wore a normal T shirt that said 'NO WORK NO PAY, NO PAY NO DAY' a towel hung on his right shoulder. He wore some brown shorts and was sweaty all over. Jared rushed to Emma's room.

"What?" Jared panted out of breath. "Do you think I look better with the popular girl look or the play girl look? These sunglasses just confuse me cause I can't see how I look in them." Cried Emma more to the mirror than to Jared. Seriously, this is the kind of things girls worry about? Jared thought to himself. Emma was Jared's stepsister and she was 16. The worst girl year to Jared. Emma is Linda's biological daughter. She was platinium blonde and had a very slim body. To Jared her green eyes were beautiful just the way they are but Emma always tries to cover them up because she's the odd one out. She's never gone out to public without contacts or sunglasses and Jared just can't see why. There she sat in front of her pink framed mirror trying on sunglasses to cover her eyes.

"Well I think it's stupid that you don't show your beautiful green eyes." Jared replied as he bent over to gently take off the sunglasses. "Well okay, let's just say I had to wear sunglasses, would you pick this one I'm wearing or this one?" Emma insisted. "Lemme give you a hint, you know that time where Percy Jackson fought Medusa and in they end put sunglasses on her eyes? Yeah well thats what you look like." Jared replied as he walked out of the door snickering. Just as he was sitting down at the round wooden table in the dining room, Linda called for him. "Jared, could you please come here and tell me why you haven't harvested the tomatoes?" Linda called. Jared sighed, all because of a pair of sunglasses he thought to himself as he headed towards the small farm ouitsde.

"Sorry aunt Linda, Emma called me up to her room just now so I had to abandon the tomatoes." Said Jared once he reached the farm. There was his Aunt Linda. Her platinium blonde hair was pulled back into a high bun, she wore a simple T shirt and some shorts. She was bending over to pluck the tomatoes that were ripe and ready to be sold and eaten. Jared always looked up to his aunt Linda, she took him in as a baby and raised him until he was 21 years old. He did everything he could to repay her but he always felt that he hadn't done enough. So he and Aunt Linda spent the rest of the day harvesting crops while Emma did the house chores. Because Jared was the prince, Aunt Linda never had to worry about money or food for the king signed a contract saying that every six months, Linda's family was to be given a certain amount of food and money. Aunt Linda was a kindhearted woman and grew food to sell and give to the poor villagers. The villagers loved aunt Linda and her family. They were the richest in the kingdom yet they were always so humble and caring, that was what made Jared happy to live the village life.

One day, everyone in the village was given a letter saying that the king wants to take over a new land, the kingdom of Pros and that he wanted every boy above the age of 12 and below the age of 60 to join the army. All the women must work for them and cook for them. Aunt Linda was furious at king Thomas but nevertheless she accepted it. She and Emma wished Jared good luck on the first day of training.

King Bradley was sleeping soundly one morning when suddenly a guard knocked urgently on the door. "Your majesty! Your majesty!" He called panically from outside the golden doors. "King Thomas of Frack wants to take over our kingdom, he says if My Lord does not surrender by this evening, he shall bring us to war in one month, and My King, we are not prepared!" The guard was saying outside the door panically. Not a second too soon, King Bradley was up and dressed. He said to the guard, "Tell everyone in the kingdom the situation, tell them I need all the men above 12 and below 60 to fight this battle, tell them that training starts this evening at 6.30 sharp, and get me Adrianna!" His voice was filled with panic and distress. "Right away your majesty." Said the guard as he walked off hurriedly and left the king waiting for Adrianna.

Adrianna was his and the queen's personal assistant. She was 20 and had been serving the king and queen since a child. The king and queen found her one day at their doorstep. They took her in and raised her until she was old enough to serve as a personal assistant. Adrianna was the king's favourite assistant and step daughter.

Adrianna came shortly, running in to the room. "What is it My Lord?" She asked slightly out of breath. "Adrianna, thank goodness you've come. Do you remember when you were younger you used to sneak around and you'd gotten really good at it?" The king asked. Arianna nodded. "I need you to do it again but on a much bigger scale. I want you to sneak in to the Kingdom of Frack and learn their weaknesses, watch how they train and make sure you don't get caught. Do whatever you must to learn their secrets. I want you back here every weekend to give me a report. Any questions?" The king said. "No sire." Arianna replied as she recovered from the shock of going on a spy mission for the king. "Good, you leave tonight come back next weekend." Said the king as Arianna nodded and started down the brightly lit hallway. "And Arianna?" Said the king again as Arriana stopped and turned slightly. "Good luck, from me and your stepmother." Arianna nodded and smiled then turned to walk calmly down the hallway. Her brown hair reached down her back and stopped at her waist. She wore a simple blue dress with a golden belt and matching blue flat shoes (I don't know what you call them).

______________________________

So, how do you like it so far, I'm not the best at writing yet but I want to be a writer when I grow up so here I am trying

If you like it don't forget to vote comment and follow me. Bye bye