Chapter 3 - Acceleration Mais' pov

One of my eyes cracked open slightly to reveal a pale orange tiled room with only a few cupboards and the bed I lay in. I sat up and tried to move my legs which proved to be impossible seen as I've probably been unconscious for a while thus making my body temporarily paralysed.
"Delightful, I wake up in most likely to be a rapists house and I can't even move." I let out a loud groan before slamming my head back onto my pillow and cringing about the fact I'm actually talking to myself. Suddenly a door slam sounded from outside my door and I shut my eyes so whoever was to enter my room - probably the pedophile - would swiftly exit because I'm still asleep or whatever.
The door opened quickly and in walked two people, one already speaking.
"Well she's clearly mentally unstable." Laughed one guy, his voice deep and gruff so probably quite older. I almost sat up to defend myself before the other spoke.
"No, she was saying something about someone in her head," he said, his balls sounding as if they hadn't dropped but at the same time being probably early 20's or more.
"James, she's just had a billion volts of electricity pass through her; she isn't going to be perfect, is she?" The older guy said. I froze remembering Harley was the only female on the bus with us at the time.
"I noticed she had scars on her arm too." Continued the younger man, James. I frowned trying to picture Harley, the fearless girl who left school mysteriously for 2 months at the end of year 8, who made fun of the populars and laughed lots. She cut herself? The thought depressed me.
"Who cares? She isn't well but she shouldn't be sent to a mental ward, we need her and the other 4 more than they need help.
I threw myself up at that remark but ended up throwing myself at the wall opposite my bed which were over 2 metres away, not even pushing myself very much. The two men stared at me for a few seconds, gobsmacked. I sat in the floor awkwardly, still confused about what just happened.
"What the..." The young man said, his eyes wide as he backed towards the door. I continued taking long breaths to calm myself but in response, looked up at him and shrugged. He then pushed his glasses up from the bottom of his nose and spoke again, "what are you..." He shook.
"I'm still the same person aren't I? I'm still a human? It's not like I'm an alien sent here to conquer Earth and so the army is forced to send other aliens to attack the aliens that came and-" I stopped, realising they had probably never seen the classic Monsters Vs Aliens but I let out a quick laugh which only made the situation more awkward, "I am human right? I haven't mutated or anything?" I asked, still trying to receive at least a smirk.
"You and four others from your school survived the biggest lightening storm recorded in over 450 years which doesn't happen as on a usual day so you tell me, what happened?" The older man asked.
"It started to rain on our journey home on the school trip so me, Harley, Fráncis, Marco," they froze at Marco's name which I frowned at, "and Drew ran on the bus which got hit by lightening. Wait, how are they all?" I asked, panic rushing through me, "how did we survive if so?"
"Look, we believe you," started the older man, "but we need to interview the others to see if the story matches." I nodded, the older man then walked out. The younger one stopped by the door and looked back at me, his smile faded as he did so. I got up and jogged to him saying "wait" but instead of jogging, I instead somehow again threw myself at the door at the same time it got locked which was unintended and very unexpected.
"What the hell's up with me?" I paused, frowning as I did so. What if the storm had something to do with my speed? Although those things only happen in movies. I slumped myself against a wall near the door and held my nose after noticing it were bleeding. I need to see the others.