Epilogue

Epilogue

~+*~*+~*~+*~*+~

I know this question is kind of clichéd, but... what is love?

Once upon a time, I set myself on a journey to define its meaning. I kept on searching until one day, I stumbled upon its meaning. And I found out that I would not be able to define it the way I thought I could.

I could not define the meaning.

... but I could feel it.

A perfect prologue of a love story does not exist. Maybe for some, it might have existed, but for me... it doesn't. It just happened. The prologue of my love story just... happened. And who would have thought it would happen a long, long time ago even before I even knew what a love story is?

I heaved out a great sigh as I placed a big box on the floor. I opened my closet and started to extract the contents from inside it and placed them one by one inside the box.

I couldn't help smiling as I browsed over the pages of one book.

How long has it been since I last opened this closet and saw what I hid inside?

Books, clothes, toys...

Ah. Correction. Matured books, clothes, toys... one by one, I placed them inside the box. One by one... until my secret closet was empty.

I was about to put the lid on top of the box when Ethan came inside my room. He raised his eyebrows and nodded his head at the box.

"Why are you emptying that closet of yours?" he asked, amused.

"I don't need them anymore," sabi ko.

He smirked. "Even the toys?"

I knew he was teasing me. "Of course," I said.

He smirked again. "What are you going to do with them, anyway? Surely, you wouldn't just throw them away? What if a kid comes upon them?"

"I'm not that irresponsible, Ethan," I snapped through gritted teeth.

He gave a tiny laugh. "I'm just teasing you, Emma. Give the box to me. I'll get rid of the contents," he said.

I bit my lip. He didn't miss my expression.

"Sigurado ka ba talagang gusto mo nang itapon ang mga ito?"

I nodded. "Oo."

"Then why do you look unhappy?"

I shook my head. "I'm not unhappy. It just feels... well, different. It's like I'm throwing away the secrets I've kept for so long."

"Do you have regrets?"

Again, I shook my head. "It just felt new. You know... ang tagal-tagal kong kinolekta ang mga iyan in secret. Even purchasing them has been a secret, lalong-lalo na 'yung mga... uh, toys."

He grinned naughtily. "We could save the toys," he said.

I gave him a horrified look. "What for? I'm not using sex toys. I don't need them."

"I'm kidding. Of course you don't need them. You have me."

I gave him a withering look. "You're not a toy."

"I'm better than a toy."

"What's with this talk, Ethan?" I complained.

"I'm just teasing you, napipikon ka naman. May dalaw ka, ano?" he asked, amused.

"Wala akong dalaw at hindi pa ako dinadatnan," I almost snapped at him until I realized what I just said.

He stared at me. "Hindi ka pa dinadatnan? Since when?"

I blinked and shook my head. "No. No, Ethan, I'm not pregnant," I said.

He looked a little disappointed that I had to laugh. "Anong nakakatawa?" nagtatakang tanong niya.

"Do you want to impregnate me that much?" I asked, teasing him.

He shrugged. "Aren't you curious what our child would look like?"

"I'm past with the stage of being curious all the time, but... well, yeah, I am," I admitted, feeling the blood rush to my face.

He gave me a naughty grin. "So should we start the first step to satisfy that curiosity of ours?"

I squealed when he pulled me to the bed and started tickling me.

One of the best things about being in love is that no matter how much you try to hide your secrets, the one you love who loves you in return sees beyond those secrets.

You are naked in his eyes—hiding nothing because you know that he can see through you. And in spite of being naked in his eyes, you do not feel any kind of discomfort.

You just feel at home.

... because home is where your heart is.

And in your heart... there are no secrets.

He pulled me closer to him as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I have one more secret," I whispered.

"Hmm," he said, nodding.

"Do you know who my first love is?" I asked.

He raised his eyebrows. "Is there anyone else beside me?" he asked, smirking. "I followed you since then, but didn't see anyone else."

"Yabang," I said, laughing. "Meron kaya."

He frowned. "Kilala ko ba?"

I shrugged. "It's possible."

He narrowed his eyes. "Ipapahanap ko kung sino man 'yun," he grumbled.

I nodded. "Sure, ipahanap mo."

He gave me a serious look. "Do you think I'm kidding?" he asked. "You know I want to be the only man for you. Surely, I told you that before."

"Eh first love ko naman 'yun eh," I said playfully.

"Kahit na. Gusto ko ako lang," he muttered.

"Jealous much?" I teased.

"Hindi. Pero ayokong may iba," he said seriously.

"I told you, he's my first love. Puppy love, you know," natatawang sabi ko.

"Emma, who the f*ck is that guy?" he demanded. "I swear I could kill him."

I shrugged. "I never knew his name. All I knew was that he was a chubby kid with thick glasses," I said, grinning playfully at him.

His jaw dropped open. He stared at me in disbelief.

"Did you just say...?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "You just swore you could kill him. So... are you going to kill yourself and leave me alone?"

He opened his mouth to speak, but I just laughed again and pulled him closer.

"You were my first love, Ethan del Torres," I whispered. "They say first love never dies. I don't know how true it is. All I know is that my first love never died."

"Emma..."

"I love you... and I'm willing do everything—even if it means removing my mask," I said. "Everything... Ethan del Torres..."

He pulled me even closer.

I smiled.

"... especially for you."

~+*~*+~*~+*~*+~

End

~+*~*+~*~+*~*+~

Especially for You

© 2015 by Miss Mnemosyne