Chapter 1

Hey! Here's the edited version of the first chapter of 'Shocked' The original will be in a separate book called 'Shocked ORIGINAL' I kept most things in the original the same but added in some parts. Enjoy!

****************************************************************************

Life at the monastery hasn't changed much since the Tournament of Elements. The Ninja just had training and were now doing whatever they can do to entertain themselves. Their teacher and master, Sensei Wu was meditating in his room, his students Kai, Jay, Zane and Cole were now playing video games in the games room (you could probably hear Fist-to-Face 2 and their shouts about a mile away). The other student, Lloyd and his mother Misako had left for the Corridor of Elders to pay their respects to Garmadon, Lloyd's father. During the second Serpentine War, Garmadon had sacrificed himself to be banished to the Cursed Realm to prevent the devious Master Chen from causing any more destruction.

The phone rang and Nya, Kai's sister went to answer it.

"Hello? This is Nya."

"Hello? Is this the Ninja's number? a female's voice says through the speaker.

"Uh, yeah."

"Can you please put Jay on right away?"

"Uh... Yeah... Sure," she stuttered as she left to the room, phone in hand. As she weaved through the various corridors in the monastery, she couldn't help but feel jealous about the girl.

Who is she? What does she want from Jay? Is she another one of those crazy fangirls? Are they in a secret relationship? She shook her head at the last one. No, that can't be right. Jay would never do that, would he?

Nya finally found the games room, turned the phone to 'mute' and opened the door. Almost instantly, she with hit with a burst of music and shouts.

"Jay?" she asked but her voice was drowned out by the game and shouts.

"Jay?" she tried again but a little louder but they still didn't hear her. She shook her head again exasperatedly and took a deep breath.

"JAY!" The guys jumped at her voice and turned around to face her, fear written all over their faces.

"Uh, yeah, hi sis," Kai stuttered, obviously surprised to see his sister here. Nya on the other hand, sighed exasperatedly and held out her hand with the phone.

"Jay, someone has called and they're asking for you."

"Huh? Why's that?" he asked, tossing his controller to Zane.

"They just can't get enough of you, huh buddy," Cole teases, nudging Jay with his elbow.

Nya rolls her eyes and shrugs. "I don't know, better answer it anyway. Oh, I muted it so the caller wouldn't hear you guys"

"Thanks!" Jay takes the phone from her and leaves the room.

"Well, I'll be off now. I have to make dinner," Zane announces, putting Jay's controller down.

"Ooh, what are you making?" Kai asks immediately.

"You'll find out when I serve it," Zane answers back, leaving the room and Kai and Cole groaning at his answer. Nya just giggled at their antics before her thoughts drift back to the caller. Could she really be his new girlfriend?

****************************************************************************

The sun was shining down brightly onto Lloyd and Misako as they walked through the Corridor of Elders, admiring the tall statues that stood on both sides off the path. The first statue at the beginning of the Corridor was the First Spinjitsu Master, Lloyd's grandfather and following him were the first masters of each element.