Chapter 12

"Let's get coffee." Trina said. We were at a different hotel in a new place. The boys were playing at one of their shows and we were stuck at the hotel being bored... Again. There was noting interesting to do. We were stuck in Australia still and had nothing better to do than drink coffee.

I sighed and nodded as I got off of the bed and put the bookmark in my book. I pulled on my vans and we walked out the door. We walked down the long hallway. But being the immature idiots we are, we played tag.

Trina tagged me and raced off down the hallway. I turned toward Aralia and Celestine and they ran away from me. I chased after Celestine and tagged her.
"Your It!" I yelled. She raced after me and Aralia. Unfortunately, Trina got tagged and fell down. We took that chance to get to the elevator as quickly as possible. We pushed the button on the elevator and the doors began to close. We saw Trina at the end of the hallway.
"No!" She yelled and she sprinted toward us. She was only a couple feet away when the doors shut and we went down.

We broke into fits of laughter. The elevator doors open and we walked out of the elevators. We sat down on a near by bench and giggled while waiting for Trina.

Trina came down a couple minutes later. The elevator doors opened to reveal an angry Trina and an old man. She quickly walked over to us. And the old man looked her up and down and then walked away.
"I hate you all." She said. We started laughing and she glared at us.

We walked down the sidewalk until we saw a taxi. We flagged them down and they picked us up. We paid the man when he dropped us off at a near by Starbucks. We walked inside and saw the long line.
"Well shit." Celestine said.
"Why don't we just go to Macca's or something." Aralia said.
"Ewe, no. I hate Macca's." I said.
"You and Michael are nothing alike." Celestine said. I shrugged and looked back up at the menu.

I ordered a green tea frappéchino. I got mine before anyone else and I went and sat down at a near by table. The doorbell rang signaling that someone had just entered the coffee shop.
"Summer?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw Adrian with three other guys around his age.
"Adrian, hi." I said getting off of the chair and walking over to him. I decided to be friendly and engulf him in a hug. He awkwardly hugged me back and we pulled away.
"So, what brings you here?" I asked.
"I was gonna ask you the same thing. I have college studying to do. You?" He said.
"Tour. With my brother's band." I said.
"Awesome, world tour?" He asked. I nodded.
"Cool. So how about that coffee plan? Can we do that today?" He asked me. I smiled.
"Sure. A few of my friends are here. I'll introduce you to them." I said.
"Same." He said.
"Okay. I'll get a bigger table." He smiled and nodded and then got in line. I moved to a corner booth that could sit eight people.

Soon everyone joined us. I introduced him to my friends and he introduced me to his.
"This is Jason,"- a boy with black hair and blue eyes-"Grayson,"-a boy with blonde hair and green eyes-"and Josh"-a boy with brown hair and brown eyes- Adrian introduced.
"Hi," I said smiling. They muttered hellos.
"So, uh, what's your major in college?" Aralia asked.
"Football." They all said in unison.
"Really?! I played football in high school! That's awesome!" I said excitedly.
"Same, but she likes it more than me." Trina said.
"We don't play football. More softball." Aralia said gesturing to Celestine and herself.
"I like softball too!" I exclaimed.
"But it's an American sport." Jason said.
"So. We can still play it if we want." Aralia said. He shrugged and took a sip of his coffee. I sipped my green tea frappéchino while Trina and Jason got lost in a conversation about vegans and vegetarians. I looked at Adrian and he was staring at me. He smiled at me and I gave him a half hearted smile.

It was kind of just like this, full of small conversations and awkward smiles. It went on for at least two hours until I got a call from Ashton. I put the cool glass rectangle up to my ear.
"Hello?"
"Hey Sum, where are you guys?"
"Starbucks. We found Adrian and a couple of his friends so, we're just hanging out drinking coffee." I said casually.
"Who?"
"Adrian and three of his friends."
"Adrian?"
"The guy I met at that party." It was quiet for a while.
"Ashton, are you still there?"
"Why are you there with him?" He asked.
"He just showed up and we ended up sitting together just drinking coffee." I said.
"Can you guys leave?"
"What? Why?"
"Because I don't trust him."
"That's because you don't know him." I said.
"I know him enough to know he likes you." I giggled at his jealous.
"What? Did Adrian say something funny?" He said emphasizing 'Adrian' in a teenage girl voice. I laughed even harder.
"Hey, we're not getting drunk, we're simply drinking some frappéchinos together. Calm yourself." I said giggling.
"Summer. Please." Ashton pleaded. Then I heard Michael in the background,
"Are you flirting with my sister?!" Michael asked.
"No, but she's with a guy." Ashton said. Oh. My. God.
"What?!" Michael yelled.
"Fuck you." I said.
"Come home." Ashton said before the phone was ripped out of his grasp.
"Who is this little bastard?" Michael asked.
"Adrian. The guy I met at the party." I said.
"Oh... Get your ass, and everyone else's, home. Now." He said.
"Okay dad." I said and then I hung up.