The hospital trip

Harmony

How could he do this to me? Why would he be so firm on me? He's done it before. How could he let maxi kiss him? After kissing me.

What is my life anymore? I don't even know who I am anymore.

(Ding)

I pick up my phone and read the text Brent sent me. I read it again and again. He loves me.

Brent I...

I press back space.

Sorry I...

I press back space again.

Just go away...

I press send. I'm still mad at him for what he did. I don't see a reason why he would do that. Now I've lost my best friend now I have no one. No one who loves me or cares about me. If I have no one why am I still here. There's no reason for my soul to live.

"There's no reason for my soul to live" I  say again and again as I walk over to the bathroom cabinet above the sink. I grab the pills. I pour them into my hand. I push the pills around with my finger. I want to do this. I'm going to do this.

The pills are already in my mouth. I take some water to get them down. "HARM I WANT TO USE THE BATHROOM" I hear my little sister carol shout at me. I stumble out of the bathroom. I feel dizzy and I have a bad headache.

"Harm... Are you okay?" Carol says. I can barely see carols face. I know what she looks like though. She has bright blonde hair and blue eyes. I stumble to the ground. "MUM! DAD! SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH HARMONY!" Both my parents run upstairs. My dad goes in the bathroom to see the container of pills on the floor with a few pills scattered around.
"Shit! Carol call a ambulance now!" My mums holding my head and my dad is holding my mum.

--

I can see mum, dad and carol sitting down by the hospital bed where I lay. I look down at my harms. There hooked up to machines. "W...what h...append?" I ask. I'm stuttering really badly.

"Honey you..." Mum couldn't finish her sentence without bursting into tears. Dad takes her out of the room. Now it's just me and carol.

"How could you do this to us?" Carol asks. She may be only 12 but she's very smart.
"I don't need to be here anymore Car"I say looking at her.
"Yes you do, I need you, I love you harmony" Carol burst out crying. I hug her as tightly as I can.
"I'm sorry Car, I really am" I say.
"Promise me you won't do it again, please" she says.
"I promise" I say.

A woman in a white coat comes in the room. "Honey, you need to leave me and your sister alone for a minute"
The woman heads my sister to the door.
"Well... Harmony, you took a pretty large amount of pills. You won't be able to leave for at least another night" she says.
"There is a bit outside who wants to see you, if you want he can stay for the night" she leads Brent into the room.

A smile comes across my face. Brent runs over to me and hugs me. "Harmony thank god your okay" he says. I never want him to let go ever.

--

"No that's not cool harmony, stop making jokes about that" Brent laughs.
"Come on is funny though" I say with a giggle.
"Yeah yeah" Brent says.
"Brent I have something to tell you" I say while grabbing his hand.
"I love you too"

He leans towards me and kisses me. I said it. And I'm so happy that I did. I curl up next to Brent. I rest my head on his chest. "Goodnight baby" he says. I can't believe he called me baby. It's cute but cheesy. "Goodnight"

~~

I hope you enjoyed.

Megan xx