two sisters one dead

Harmony

I'm laying in my bed, starring at the celling. I don't understand why people still want me here, I mean I'm not special am I? It's not like I do amazing things, I'm just another teenage girl trying to get through school but it just seems to be to much of a trouble for me. I look to my right to see my mum and dad running towards me.

"Harmony! It's Carol!" I get out of bed and unhook myself from the machine. A nurse tries to get me back into bed but I refuse. I run out of the door. I see my dad holding my mum back, she looks like she's going to collapse.

"Mum?... Dad?" I walk towards the door to see something I thought I would never see. My little sister lying in a hospital bed, hooked up to a machine. The very thought of it brings tears to my eyes, but to see it just makes water stream from my eyes to my cheeks. I can't bare to look as they walk around Carol, checking her pulse and he heart rate.

"What... What happened?" I ask my mum. She looks at me, her eyes puffed from all the crying. "She... She was h-hit  by a car" my mum said burying her head into my dads shoulder. I look over to Carol again. I run towards her. I wrap my arms around her.

"Please don't be dead, please don't be dead!" I scream, she can't be dead, she just cant be dead she's 12 she can't be dead. The nurse comes over to us "Please excuse me for the words I'm about to say, I'm sorry for your loss we did everything we could but the impact was too great and cut open to many main arteries" I felt my heart be crushed. Tears started streaming down my face.
--
It's been a week since Carol died. I haven't returned to school yet I mean how could I. I miss all the little notes she left me in the morning like 'good morning harm have a good day' or 'I borrowed twenty pounds, I'll pay you back when I'm sixteen' I just miss her so much. I haven't been in her room since that day. I haven't even left my room.

I hear my phone ding. It's Brent 'hello harmony, I hope your okay, I'll be round in ten with your dress for the well you know and I'm already in my suit, and my sisters friend Louisa is coming to do your hair and makeup'
The only person I have seen from school since the accident is Brent. He's the only person I trust.

Today is her funeral, Brent is coming with us, I need someone to be with me during the funeral. I hear the door bell ring, it must be Brent and Louisa.

Brent storms through my bedroom door "Harmony guess who here!?" I giggle a little while wrapping my arms around Brent.
"Hello Brent" I say. Brent leans towards me and kisses me.
"Okay you two stop exchanging saliva while I'm in the room" Louisa says.
I push of Brent. I walk over to Louisa and give her a hug.
"Let's see what you can do"

Louisa sits me down and grabs makeup and curling tongs out of her bag. Brent sits on my bed and watches us. "So... How have you been since well you know" asks Louisa.
"I've been okay I guess you know other than the fact I've lost my little sister" I say.
Louisa doesn't say anything.
"I'm sorry I'm just still shook up about it" I say.
"I understand sweetie" Louisa says.

"Do you want to see what you look like?" Louisa says. I nod. She spins the chair around to the mirror. I stare at the mirror.
" you look beautiful" Brent says.
"Yeah I guess I do" I say smiling at Brent.

Brent puts his hands on my face and kisses me and starts to run his hand through my hair. "Excuse me! Don't ruin my master piece please"

I giggle. Brent backs away and walks towards the door. "I'll let you get ready" Brent says.

~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Megan xx