|Alone|

Touka was scolding a waiter on how to do their job right. ___ sighed and walked over to the angry ghoul. "Touka?" She said, trying to get her attention. The female ghoul turned to look at her. ___ smiled, "Calm down, it'll all work out."

Touka chuckled, "I get why Kaneki loves you." Touka made sure not to say 'loved'. "You manage to calm us ghouls down with just a few words."

___'s heart ached at the mention of Kaneki but she smiled nonetheless. "Well, good. I don't like it when my friends aren't in a good mood." She told Touka.

____ had started to work at :re. After the incident, she lived with Touka. At the current moment she had no reason to live. Touka hugged the girl immediately like she did everyday. It had become a habit but it helped.

Right now, ___ needed all the support she could get. She wondered when things would finally calm down. She wouldn't have lived if it wasn't for Touka and Hinami.

The baby never made it. It needed nourishment and good health which could only be provided by the mother. How could it get that when the mother was in a bad condition?

When ___ went through with her delivery, she passed out and then woke up to apologetic faces. Upon learning of her child's death she wanted to die. She had already lost Kaneki and then their child.

Touka and Hinami had stopped her from killing herself.

"Remember how you used to tell me when you were pregnant that every life had a purpose and every life was important. If you do this to yourself you'd be going against those words." Touka told her, hugging her crying body.

"Miss ____, big brother wouldn't want you to do this a-and I don't want to lose you too." Said the little girl who was attached to her arm.

The bell at the door rung and everyone's attention turned to it.

A few college students gathered in. Touka smiled, "Alright! Let's get to work." ____ snapped out of her thoughts and nodded at the female ghoul.

She went over to a table and started to take their order. Her day was spent like that, taking orders and delivering them. "You can take a break now, ___." Touka told her. The girl nodded and smiled at her.

"Call me if you need anything, I'm going out for a walk."

____ walked out of the cafe, into the night. She felt like she should go out. She didn't care where she was going, she just let her feet take her anywhere.

She halted when she heard footsteps. She turned to where the sound was coming from and saw a figure in a snakelike mask. Nishiki.

"Oi Nishiki!" She called out but he didn't listen. He just kept running. ___ tightened her shoelaces and took off running after him. Something happened to her when she lost her child. She changed.

Nishiki was fast as he was more experienced than her. "Tch!" She let out, still running after the ghoul. She stopped when she saw CCG and the police around the area. She was breathing fast. What is the damn CCG doing here?

She ignored them and climbed up on a building from where Nishiki went. When on it, she started to smell a familiar scent. No, it can't be..

She walked towards the edge of the building and got down on her knees. She watched the scene play under her. It's him..

A guy was fighting another ghoul with his Kagune. ___'s eyes widened, "That Kagune.." She said. Nishiki was next to her. "It's him alright." He said, jumping down the building. He started to fight with the guy but he was trying not to fatally wound him.

How could this be?

The guy defeated Nishiki. He took off his mask and froze. ___ watched quietly. She needed to know what was going on. "Nishiki senpai.." He said. ___'s eyes widened, he was aware of what he was doing? He chose to work with the CCG?

"Ken Kaneki.." Nishiki let out.

After a while she saw as Nishiki escaped with the other ghoul and how Akira shot Kaneki with a sniper. What the hell?

He wasn't injured from it but his Kagune disappeared. There was something really wrong.

___ turned away and ran back to the cafe. She didn't know what she just witnessed. Nishiki said it was him. If that was Kaneki then why the hell was he with the CCG?

He looked different though, maybe it's not him.

She shook her head. She wasn't going to raise her own hopes. That couldn't be Kaneki.

She reached the cafe and collapsed on the floor once inside. She cried the tears she had been holding back. Touka came downstairs and saw her state. "____! Did something happen? Did someone hurt you?"

The girl shook her head. She couldn't raise Touka's hopes either. She wouldn't.

"Just anxiety."

How could he leave her alone? She had Touka and the others but in reality, she was alone.