Bound by the Enemy ~ Chap 4: A better side

Finally, I reached the ground floor using the elevator. I waved at the front desk girl and went out to the rose garden.

“Told you you should get down, it’s waayyy easier.” Daniel winked.

“I guess I’ll skip on that.” I said playfully, waving my eyelashes. Oh crap! I’m doing it again. Ughh... maybe I should stay away from his eyes... no, his face... that’s right, I should just avoid his face and...

“Hey, slow down a bit, will you?” he smiled, his face almost touching mine.

“UGHH!!” I bawled, as I pushed him aside.

“Aww... you’re flushing again!” he chuckled, “What did I do this time?” he laughed a little more.

“Shut up, Ethaaan!” I said, with emphasis on the Ethan. Wow, it did shut him up, but not the way I wanted him to.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to...” I whispered.

“What are you apologizing about?” he sighed. It seemed like he was hiding something, and he didn’t want me to feel sorry for it... he didn’t want me to feel sorry for... him.

“Hey,” I said, in an interested tone, “Why do you want to be called Daniel anyway? I mean, it’s like too formal for high school... I know, why don’t I call you... Danne?” I asked.

“Hmmm, tacky but it’ll do.” he winked, and then displayed his playful smirk.

“So okay Danne,” I giggled at the new nickname I gave him, “Where would you take me for diner?” I asked curiously.

“Hmm... well, if I tell you, then I have to kill you.” He joked, and then continued, “Actually, were going to the welcoming diner at the Felixis Garden, hosted by Durnstrong’s graduating class.”

“Ohh...”

~Durnstrong’s Felixis Garden~

“This is so... cool. I mean the lights and the flowers are magnificent, they fit the dream-like ambiance of the garden perfectly.” I said, “I know the lights from the Eiffel tower look great, but it’s nothing compared to this.”

“I’m glad you think so.” Said a familiar voice behind me.

“Daryl?” I said, as I turned around.

“Hey, Kailyn.” He smiled cheerfully. “Ethan. By the way, how’s that arm?” he asked anxiously.

“Uhmm, its fine now, thanks to you.” Danne (Ethan) winked.

“So, do you guys like it?” Daryl asked in an eager tone.

“It’s perfect! Wait, why do you seem so concerned with the decorations anyway?” Danne and I asked in chorus.

“Well, the vice president of the senior student council is my elder brother, and I insisted that I plan this year’s welcoming diner.” He said as he led us to an occupied table with two vacant seats. “Uhm, as much as I really want to talk with you guys, but...”

“It’s okay, you can go.” I smiled at my new friend.

“Thanks,” he replied. “You can talk with the other juniors. Bye!” he winked, “Bye Jasmin.” He smiled, and left fleeting away.

“Uhmm, is it me or does that guy have a crush on you?” I said to the pretty, brown-haired girl, as Danne and I sat down.

“Actually, Daryl had a crush on Jasmin the first time he laid his eyes on her. It’s like love at first sight.” A black-haired guy added.