7. A Friend Like Louis - Harry

A Friend Like Louis - Harry

I hold up a book of some sort and Rose turns around to see what I'm talking about.

"Oh, that? That's just my old bucket book."

"What's a bucket book?"

"Just a bucket list in book form."

"Too cool for lists?"

"Obviously."

"Can I read it?"

"Sure, I'd like to look through it as well."

I sit down at her desk, and she gets up from the bed and looks over my shoulder as I flip to the first page.

"Try a falafel?"

"Well, have you ever tried one?" shes says, laughing.

I chuckle. "Now that I think about it, no."

I go to the second page, and what's written there surprises me, but I like it.

"Get a tattoo."

"Oh wow. I forgot about that one."

"What would you get a tattoo of?" I ask, looking up at her.

She shrugs. "I don't know. I'd have to think about it."

Suddenly, an idea pops into my head that's too good to let go.

"Well think fast because we're going to get you one on your birthday."

I shut the book and stuff it in my jacket to take home with me.

"What? Are you being serious?"

"I'm dead serious. You're turning 18 right? There shouldn't be a problem."

"You're crazy."

"Rose, I want to help you do all these things in your bucket book. I don't care what you wrote in here. We're doing it all."

"Why though?"

"I need this. It's really hard to explain."

I really do need this. I want to spend time with someone who won't scream in my ear, ask for a picture, or try to rip my clothes off. Someone who won't make me work non-stop, or push me around. Rose is all I need to keep me from going mad. This will be good for me. I can tell.

She sighs. "Alright. Let's do it."

Then, we hear a car honking from outside. It must be Louis coming to pick me up.

"That's my ride."

"Bye, Harry."

"Good night, Rose."

With that, I step out of her window and begin desceding down the side of her wall. I can't wait to hear what Louis has to say about this. I walk across the lawn to the car, and slide into the passenger seat.

"Hey there, Romeo," Louis says, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh, be quiet."

Louis starts the car and begins to back out.

"What's her name?"

"Rose."

He nods his head. "Like the flower."

I smile, remembering the first day on the train.

"Yeah."

"Do you like her?"

"I don't know, maybe. It's just, Rose makes me feel like I can be myself. She's the only person, besides you and the boys, who doesn't want anything from me. She actually listens when I talk, and I think she genuinely cares."

Then, Louis points to Rose's bucket book sticking out of my jacket, looking back and forth between me and the road.

"What's that?" he asks.

"This is Rose's. It's her bucket book."

"Bucket book?"

"Bucket list in book form."

"Oh. Why do you have that?"

"I told her I was going to help her do all of the things she wrote in here."

"Nice! Harry's getting it in with the ladies," he says, dragging out the vowels.

"It's not like that."

"Mhm," he says, obviously not believing me.

"Speaking of, I might need some help sneaking out again tomorrow for a couple of hours."

"You know I'd do anything for you, mate," he says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I know. Just keep your eyes on the road."

"Don't worry. I know what I'm doing."

"Apparently you don't because you're on the wrong side."

"Crap."

Louis swerves back to the right side and I laugh at him. What a goof.

"Did anybody ask why I left the X-Factor?"

"Rick noticed, but I just told him that you went to go throw-up."

"Geez. Thanks Louis. Did he buy it?"

"I'm not sure. I guess we'll find out sooner or later."

It's nice to know that Louis has my back. He'll go along with anything, no matter how crazy it is, he won't tell my secrets, and he's always just there. Everyone needs a friend like that. A friend like Louis.

I'm glad that I do.

__________________________

I love Harry and Louis' friendship so I tried to incorporate it into this story! How did I do? Vote, comment, and follow to let me know!