22. Complete - Rose

Complete - Rose

The movement of the train causes my purse to fall to the floor, but as I go to pick it up, another familiar hand has already reached for it.

"How did you find me?" I ask Harry, looking out the window to avoid eye contact.

"I just had a feeling that you'd be here. Can I sit?"

"I guess."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, whatever. I don't want to hear it."

"Please, just listen to what I have to say."

"No, Harry!" I say, suddenly yelling, "I saw the interview! You don't have to explain anything to me. I get it. You didn't want to upset the fans, so you lied. I don't know you and you don't know me. End of story."

"No! Not end of story. My manager set me up. He did all of this. He took the picture and basically forced me to lie at the interview. I swear."

"What? Did he have his hand up your back like a puppet? Harry, nobody can force you to do anything. Those words came out of your mouth, not his."

"Rose, I know I screwed up, okay? Can you please just forgive m-"

"Just leave me alone."

"No, I won't! Not until I make things right."

"It's a little too late for that, don't you think? You know, I thought that you loved me. I saw what you wrote in my book, but you obviously didn't love me enough to tell the truth at that interview. You're a coward. I hope you know that. You're so worried about what other people will think of you that you can't let yourself be happy for once in your life. Now, you better get off the train because someone might see you with me and we certainly don't want that to happen, now do we?"

"You know what? I do. I do want that to happen. You mean more to me than the opinions of my fans or anyone else for that matter. C'mon. Let's go."

Suddenly, Harry grabs my arm and drags me off the train at the next stop. I don't even know where we are, but I guess Harry does because he takes me all the way to some strange building.

"I need to speak to Diane Fairbanks from channel two," Harry tells the lady at the desk.

"Follow me please."

The desk lady leads us through many hallways to get to Diane Fairbanks. I try to focus on the clicking of her heels on the tile floor instead of the butterflies that are in my stomach from Harry still holding onto my arm. After a while, the lady stops us in front of big wooden doors. She pulls both of them open at the same time to reveal an office and a woman sitting behind an intimidating desk. I recognize her as the woman who interviewed Harry earlier today.

"Harry Styles, how may I help you?"

"Just turn your cameras on. I got a story for you."

"Oh? Right this way, please."

Again, we follow Diane and the desk lady through long hallways until we reach a room with cameras and green screens.

"Are you ready, Harry?"

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

Harry and I step off screen to the side of the studio and we watch Diane make an introduction. Meanwhile, I'm freaking out. I think I know what's going to happen, but I'm not totally sure.

"Hello, my name's Diane Fairbanks and I am here with Harry Styles and a special guest. I believe that Harry has something to say, am I right, Harry?"

All of a sudden, the camera swings over to us and Harry grabs both of my hands and looks straight into my eyes.

"That's right, Diane. I do have something to say. Earlier today, I told the world that I didn't know this girl. I lied. This is Rose. We met on a train and she caught my attention when she asked me what my story was. She left before telling me what hers was which made me think about her a lot. Little did I know, she would become the most important part of my story. Ever since she made me climb through her window, I knew I would want to see her more. Rose makes me happy and she makes me feel comfortable, and free, and she let's me be myself. I want to be able to see her in public, to hold her hand in public, to hug her in public, and most of all, kiss her in public. We've done so many things together, and the truth is, I don't know much, but I know myself and I don't want to love anybody else. That's right, I love you, Rose. I want our story to have a happy ending. Maybe we could rewrite parts of it?"

"Of course. I love you too, Harry," I say while trying not to cry.

"You know, I've wanted to kiss you for a really long time," he says, smiling.

"Why didn't you?"

"I was scared."

"Are you scared now?"

"A little."

"Kiss me anyway."

With that, Harry takes my face in his hands and kisses me, and I kiss him back. I kiss him like I never want to stop, which I don't. The crew from channel two all cheer.

"That's a wrap!" I hear someone say.

Before, a piece to my puzzle, otherwise known as my life, was missing. But then Harry came along and I fell in love. And just like that, my puzzle was complete.

___________________________________________

Yay for happy endings! I still have two epilogues that I will be posting, and I'll make sure to post them at the same time so you guys don't have to wait for the second one. A lot of you have been asking about sequels, and I'm sorry, but there won't be one. You'll see why in the epilogue though. I am thinking about starting a new fanfic. Probably a Zayn one. It won't be soon, but it'll happen. You can follow me so you can be updated when I post it! Anyway, what do you think about this ending? Comment your thoughts!