Rising flames

They sat at a table while the professor talked to Jacob, teaching him the full extent of his abilities. Karvinski told him that he used to work and study particles and atoms but he was fired for a reason he didn't care to share, Jacob listened as he explained why he could teleport and how his atoms could heat so fast that he could shift into a gas. This was from the smoke that had bound into him from the nuke, the professor talked about what he could do with practice and strengthening, shooting fireballs, going through walls, creating a smoke cloud around him you know just the casual awesome stuff. "You need to teach me this stuff!" Jacob said excitement building inside him. "You need to practice" the professor said "show me what you got", Jacob teleported behind him and the professor spun around looking him in the eye as if he knew what he was going to do. "That it?" Karvinski asked, determination flared inside him to impress this man. "Nope" said Jacob as his hand smoked and radiated heat, he walked over to a wall slowly pushing his hand to it. His hand started to smoke even more as he concentrated harder, watching the wall melt where his hand made contact. He pushed harder digging in to the water, as the professor walked over examining the heat. The wall gave way around his his hand, Jacob peered through the hole to see an empty room. "What's in there?" He asked the professor.
"Let me do some tests and then I'll show you" he said walking away "and trust me you'll like it". Jacob followed him to the other side of the room where a large shelf rested, Karvinski took out a syringe from a case and cleaned the tip. After a blood test which Jacob wasn't to fond of, the professor walked over to a small blood work and ran tests while Jacob practiced heating his hand to a higher heat as fast as he could. After half an hour the professor stood "I'll run some other tests on it later but right now it seems that your atoms have bonded with smoke some how and given you the ability to heat yourself up so quickly you can change from a solid to a gas"
"Why do you want to know this stuff"
"To see what your capable of" says the professor leading Jacob back over to the wall where he burnt through. The professor went to the corner of the wall and pushed against it, it slid back by itself revealing another room. They walked in and Jacob blinked as the wall closed behind them putting everything into darkness. "Ready for this?" Asked the professor on the dark.
"I think" says Jacob cautiously, the professor clapped and the lights flicked on. The room was long and thin, on both the long sides lay shelves filled with different weapons "holy shit" was the only way Jacob could respond as he saw swords, guns, shurkens, katanas, axes, clubs, even maces. This room seemed to hold every good weapon in history, maybe a slight exaggeration but whatever. Jacob ran down the room looking at all the weapons in awe, "choose one" the professor said. "Wait how the hell did you even get this!"
"When I saw you and decided to help I called it a few...friends that owed me some favours" this reminded Jacob that this man was riddled with secrets and that he must never completely trust him. "Wow" said Jacob pushing aside the dark thought, he decided to focus on what weapon he wanted. He needed something light and agile something that won't slow him down, he looked over to see a long wooden stick. He walked over to it and picked it up, it was smooth and had a leather grip which fitted comfortably in his hands it was as light as air and perfectly balanced he squeezed the grip and suddenly a hook flicked out of the end of the stick and the stick slid out to equal twice its size. "HELL YEAH!" Jacob yelled with surprise as he spun the stick around his body, "nice choice" said professor Karvinski.
"This is wicked" Jacob says twirling it around,
"watch out for the li-"
"Whoops sorry" Jacob says walking out of the room with Karvinski.
"How about you learn to use that before you try stuff like that" Karvinski says
"good idea" Jacob said sarcastically
"Than lets get started".