chapter 2

"I never realised how ugly I was, until I saw how beautiful you were."

Cara's P.O.V.

I looked over at my phone to check the time

3:34am

Great!

As you can notice im sitting in bed still wondering why today, out of all days, Evan decided to talk to me. is it because we crashed into each other at lunch and that was his was of apologizing?

Or was he just deciding to be nice since he knows I always walk home from school.

These thoughts had been flying through my brain since he dropped me off 11 and a half hours ago.

Even at dinner, my mom kept asking what was wrong but I would always reply with "nothing" or I stayed silent.
After dinner I went to my room, took a quick shower then went straight to bed. Well at least that's what I planned on doing. Instead I just lay on my bed and that's how I got to where I am now.

Luckly I could sleep till late tomorrow as it was Saturday and I wasn't planning on doing anything.

I closed my eyes hoping to get some sleep, I stayed there for a little while then soon I felt my breath slow down and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

*"dad please stop!" i heard my Marcus yell downstairs.

"get away from me" my dad yelled back before I heard a loud crash and immediately knew what had happened.

I jumped off of my bed and run down stairs to see if my brother was okay. I find him on the floor, smashed glass surrounding him and a puddle of blood beneath him. I cringe at the sight but soon run to him and got the house phone on the way.

While calling 911 my dad starts yelling at my mother again. He's blocking her view from my brother with his muscular body and pushing her against the wall.

He spits in her face as he yells and punches the wall next to her face. Before he gets to her face I scream at the top of my lungs "STOP!" but of course that doesn't stop him, it only makes him even madder.

He steps away from my mother and walks towards me. when hes about half a meter away from him, he looks at me in the eye before asking

"what did you just say!" I stay silent, which was a very stupid idea cause next thing I know he has slapped me across the face. Being only 13 and my brother being 15, we were no match up against my dad.

Soon I hear ambulance's and polices pull up at our house. They bust in through the door and run towards us. The paramedics rush to Marcus and the police arrest my dad and take him out side.

A few more paramedics come inside and take my mom and I outside. By this point im sobbing into my hands and shaking like crazy.

They ask me a few questions and then ask my mom a few more. When I see my mother walking towards me I run to her and rap my arms around her and squeeze her as tight as I can.

She returns the gesture then tells me that we have to go to the hospital to see is Marcus is okay.*

I wake up to someone shaking me and yelling my name. I open my eyes and see Marcus.

"Another nightmare?" he asks and I nod and a few tears fall down my face. Im never one to cry like ever, but something about these nightmares always get the soft side of me.