chapter 3

"Open your mouth if only what you are going to say is more beautiful than silence"

*Cara's POV*

Alcohol.

Sweat.

Smoke.

That's all I can smell.
I always read about these kind of parties. But then again i thought it was too cliché to be true.

But here I am once again being proved wrong.

It took us only about 15 minutes to find this place. It was huge, like mansion huge. The walls were white with gold pillars, the garden was huge with all sorts of flowers surrounding it and the inside was even larger than it looks.

The couches were pushed up against the walls to make a dance floor and red solo cups scattered everywhere. Alcohol and smoke lingered through the room, too strong for me to handle. Girls and boys dancing (more like grinding) together. Their drunken bodies touching, feeling, roaming each other.

The Weeknds Hills blasting through the speakers.

There was even a couple sucking each other's faces off on one of the white leather couches.

Not being able to handle the stench anymore, I went to the kitchen. There were a few people here too but not nearly as many as in the living room. I grabbed a coke and lean back on the wall with my foot propped up like a real bad ass.

Well as bad ass as I can get.

I thought.

I spotted Nick dancing with a girl that I don't recognise. They weren't doing much dancing, more making out and grinding each other. That's Nick. Never can stick to one girl. He's going to get STD one day and im going to go straight up to his sorry ass and say I told you so!

Ever since we were young or more like when he found out about sex, he started going at with girls. I always called him a manwhore but he would always deny it by saying 'a man wants what he wants'.

"penny for your thoughts?" a male voice asked. I looked over to my right and I swear my heart skipped a beat. In front of me was a tall dark headed boy who might I say was the definition of dayym

I couldn't see his eye color in this light but I think it was blue. His hair shooting out in all directions but still looked perfect. He wore black tight jeans and a plain white short sleeved shirt and black converse.

I looked back up to him and quickly replied. "I think you need more than a penny to figure these thoughts out."

He chucked quietly and gave me a half smile. "how about a drink?"

I shook the coke can so he could see and gave him a full smile. "already got one."
He chuckled lightly and instead asked me to dance .

we walked onto the dance floor as a slow song started playing. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he gently held onto my waist.

"I'm Nate by the way."

"Nice to meet to Nate. I'm Cara."

I don't even know how long we danced for, could have been a few minutes or even an hour.

When we got tired of dancing we went outside and sat on one of the benches.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while just staring at the stars above us.

I could feel his eyes on me , I self-consciously returned the favour by looking at him.

He just smiled and so did i. "what?" I chuckled.