chapter 5

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars"

*unedited*

*Cara's P.O.V*

English was interesting today, we had to write a 6 page story on topics given to us. I adore writing, it's ineffable how many words there are and how you can use them in different scenarios.

Like for instance the word mellifluous. It's an adjective that means a pleasingly and smooth sound. So instead of saying, that a woman has an amazing voice, you can she sounds mellifluous.

My topic was The creation and destruction of the universe.

I wrote a few things just off the tip of my tongue.

A powerful, ancient alien falls in love with a human and, in an attempt to win her affections, creates a new universe just for her.

In the story the alien creates this extraordinary universe for his love but she doesn't love the alien back. She takes the universe for herself and forgets about who created it. She destroys it and damages what's been given to her. I ended by saying how the end of the universe came to be.

When exploring a distant region of space, a group of blue-skinned creatures, erasing the very fabric of the universe are discovered.

I enjoyed writing this. It got my mind off everything for a little while.

When the lesson was over, I handed In the paper and paced to the cafeteria. I met Nick, Bella and Addy and our table after buying my lunch, which consisted of a slice of pizza, chips and a bottle of water.

I sat beside Nick , greeted everyone , then dug into my food.

Addy was first to break silence, "Cara, I heard Evan is tutoring you."

"Well I didn't really have a choice. It was either he tutor me for I fail." I replied while stuffing food in my mouth.

I noticed Bella smirking and Nick with an amused expression plastered on his face.

"What?" I asked after I swallowed my food.

"looks like someone has to spend a lot of time with him." Bella said, that smirk never leaving her face.

"I wouldn't say a lot. Just enough so I actually know what the hell is going on." I say

they all just gave me questionable looks but went back to eating.

we spoke about a few other things but they didn't bring up the tutoring again and I'm grateful for that. my next lesson was history. It wasn't a far walk, only down the corridor. On my way there I spotted Evan talking to some of his friends, he held a serious expression and just nodded when his friend, Zach asked his questions. His eyes met mine and I quickly looked away and continued my walk.

someone grabbed my upper arm and spun me around to face them. Hazel eyes found mine and I knew who it was.

"What do you want?" I asked

"you have a test coming up soon. I thought we should maybe meet up to study." he said.

"yeah sure. when are you free?"

"you can come over after school today if your not busy." he voice more soft as he spoke.

"okay, I'll meet you there." I confirmed.

I turned around and went into the class and Evan followed shortly behind me.

...............................................................................