I Like The Real You

~Sakura POV~
"Hey Sakura look! It's a ice cream stand. Do you want some?" Kanji asked. You have a tiny nod.

He grinned and quickly bought two cones.

Almost immediately a bit rubbed on his cheek.

"Honestly. It's like your a child." I rolled my eyes and wiped his cheek.

"I think we are more like an old married couple." He said grinning and grabbing my hand.

My cheeks lit up and I tried to snatch my hand back but he held on. Damn you! Great. Now I sound like Stewie.

He sat us on a bench, following the example of nearby couples. He put a arm around my stiff shoulders. "Relax." He chuckled.

"That would be difficult considering this is my very first date. And I have no idea what to do." I said gritting my teeth.

"You just have to talk and trust me." He winked.

For lunch we went to a little cafe. It was cute. And the food was good. Overall it was fun.

Afterwards he took me to the Sakura trees.

"You have to talk to me everyday. And you can't look at any other boy." He said seriously. I couldn't help but laugh. He blushed. "I'm serious! You should get a tattoo that's says 'not single'" he huffed.

"Uuuuuuh. No." I frowned, flicking his head.

"Ow!"

~Kanji POV~

She leaned over the railing. Watching the Sakura tree with interest. Petals fell gracefully on us.

The sun gleamed and drew out the childish sparkle hidden by years of coldness and seriousness.

She tries to hide the kindness and innocent joy but I can see it.

Sakura turned around. "Why are you staring at me?" She tilted her head.

"Why do you hide it?"

"Hide it?" She asked confused.

"Why do you hide the real you away?" I asked stepping in front of her.

She blinked and looked down. "Because then everyone will leave me. No one likes the real me Kanji."

I lifted her chin. "Don't jump to confusion Saka." She looked at me surprised.

~Sakura POV~

Kanji leaned closer and surprisingly I didn't push him away. Our lips touched in a chaste kiss.

His lips were soft. A striking contrast against his body.

My heart thumped almost painfully as he pulled away. I was sure I was pink as the petals of the Sakura tree. "W-why did you do that?"

"Because I like the real you."