Sorry

~Misaki POV~

"Misaki!" The dreaded voice called out. I looked around and saw everyone had already left. Damn!

Aria stood in front of me and scowled darkly at the boy.

"Homo-san I have to ask you to please leave Misa-chan alone." She said coldly. I internally laughed at her nickname for him.

"What? Did I do something-"

"She heard what you said. You asshole." She crossed her arms.

Homare paled significantly. "I didn't- you are- ugh can I talk to her?! Alone?" He panicked, stumbling over his words.

Aria opened her mouth to snap at him. "Fine. I'm giving you 10 minutes. Aria can you wait for me at the cafe we agreed on?"

She looked at me hesitantly before nodding slowly. She glared at Homare before leaving to the cafe.

I looked at him impatiently as Aria disappeared.

"Well?"

"Misaki. I didn't mean any of that. I just got upset!" He said.

"Under pressure people blurt out their true feelings." I sighed, running my temples.

"No! Nothing of what I said was true! I swear!" He yelled.

"How am I supposed to believe you?! How am I supposed to just skip into forgiveness?! Your just like those boys! You are cold! Cruel! Manipulating! Bastard!" I yelled, poking his chest to emphasize my point.

His face was shocked. "Misaki..."

"I was finally letting people in! Just like Sakura, I was afraid to let anyone in! Every single friend was just make believe! No one in this world just wants to be your friend! They always want something from you! That's the truth. I knew it was too good to be true! You made me feel....happy. For the first time I felt happy. I shouldn't have trusted you. You're just like everyone else." I felt warm teardrops fall down my cheeks as I ranted.

I fell to my knees crying as the years of bullying and torment resurfaced in cruel, unforgiving pain. The taunts. The bruises. The tears. All of it came back.

The years of questions of why I was so weak, so insecure, so stupid!

I felt arms wrap around my hunched form.

"I'm sorry."

I pushed him away.

"Liar." I spat. "Don't apologize for speaking what you really thought." I turned away.

"I... Said that because I thought it would hurt less if I convinced myself I hated you. It didn't work. All night I thought about the incredibly stupid stuff I said. You are the most amazing person I have ever met. I know your leaving. I can't stop that but Cani at least let all these... feelings out?" He asked. His eyes covered by shadows from his hair. Head bowed.

After a few moments I felt his lips touch mine. I sat there shocked. Mixed emotions welled up in me.

And then even more surprising.... I kissed him back.